Shelter-in-place cooking

I made some Sonoran hot dogs the other day after I saw them on a cooking show.
I used Hillshire cheddar dogs and stuffed them with Pepper Jack cheese. Put the dogs inside a roasted and peeled Anaheim chili and then wrapped the whole thing in bacon.
Rolled them around on the griddle until the bacon was cooked.
I topped mine with ketchup, mustard and chorizo. They were absolutely delicious!

1016201808-00 (1).jpg
1016201813-00 (1).jpg

seems that since things are starting to tighten up again covid wise.... so i'll post this here

today's breakfast:

the last of my mule deer heart from 4 days ago

sliced somewhat thin, garlic salt, cayenne, and ancho chile, very briefly fried in butter. cast iron toasted sourdough in butter, broiled in the oven with smoked gouda

IMG-6824.jpg

do you leave the backbone in ? never tried cutting that way but will next one I process. looks great- thanks for posting
The backbone is out, I separate the ribs from it. The only bones left are the ribs still attached to the loin

Tags are filled, coyote calling was a bust so I decided to cook. Antelope shanks braised in broth and chokecherry wine with garlic and sage.

C1EAE28A-64E6-4A07-A82E-C5025D35C593.jpeg

Mule deer heart anticuchos. New recipe to me. If you like chipotle and roasted red peppers, you have to try this. This marinade would be fabulous as a sauce. Need to experiment further.

B0E79B64-95ED-472D-BE6C-BCE33F0B8F04.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back