Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Sheep mount

Oak

Expert
I finally got the time to make the 700 mile round trip to pick up a few mounts at the taxidermist yesterday,
including my sheep mount. I thought I'd post a few pictures. It's a bit different, and I can see how some people
might not like the style, but I love it. His lower lip was really scarred up but we left it as-is, which is visible
in the photos.

mount_1.jpg

mount_3.jpg

mount_4.jpg

mount_5.jpg

mount_2.jpg

Beautiful. Pedestals are definitely one of my favorite styles.

Stellar mount! I'm guessing you didn't make the trip for a single mount though. Where are the rest? :D

That is beautiful, and by the looks of it, it was well worth you selling all the rest of the furniture in the house just to get that mount.....

Oak,

That is the finest looking sheep mount I have seen. I would love to have it in my home. Congratulations

That is beautiful, and by the looks of it, it was well worth you selling all the rest of the furniture in the house just to get that mount.....

I thought so. I think my wife agrees, too? :confused:

That's a great white sheep mount Oak. Nicely thought out. Was there much trouble getting the blood out?

He spent quite a bit of time to get the blood and glacier grit out of it. He used some kind of conditioner on it, several times.

Stellar mount! I'm guessing you didn't make the trip for a single mount though. Where are the rest? :D

Not everything was done, but I picked up some run-of-the-mill shoulder mounts. An average pronghorn:

prong07.jpg

A Sitka BT with milk on his chin:

sitka.jpg

And an average mule deer:

mdeer.jpg

Geez, all those mounts are as bad as those substandard pictures you posted on the other thread. Again, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting these. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It would have looked better Full mount or... 1/2 mount coming of of a rock cliff..... But, Whatever ;)

T Bone, my buddy Doug that guided me on my sheep hunt is a taxidermist. He mostly does fish for customers, but does his own big game and some for friends. He's got a partner in his shop that does big game. I had Doug do the sheep and deer, and his partner Steve Marrou (Outdoor Creations) do the antelope and elk (which is not done).

Back