Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Shaft straightness necessity?

After reading all the responses here I think each response has valid points. And most if not all are based on experience. What it boils down to is finding an arrow that matches your draw length and bow weight with the broadhead of your choice. I think in some cases it's trial and error until you find the right combination. If you study the arrow charts you can get some great advice but there are no sure things. But it will get you to a good start. The advise from some is that you won't be able to tell the difference between .006 & .003 is probably spot on. I would still recommend buying a 1/2 dozen of which ever arrow you decide on and shoot the heck out of them with field tips and broadheads. I would hate to see you buy 3 dozen and find out they just don't deliver for you.

But at the end of the day it boils down to mind over matter, If you don't mind it don't matter. :)

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Dan

After reading all the responses here I think each response has valid points. And most if not all are based on experience. What it boils down to is finding an arrow that matches your draw length and bow weight with the broadhead of your choice. I think in some cases it's trial and error until you find the right combination. If you study the arrow charts you can get some great advice but there are no sure things. But it will get you to a good start. The advise from some is that you won't be able to tell the difference between .006 & .003 is probably spot on. I would still recommend buying a 1/2 dozen of which ever arrow you decide on and shoot the heck out of them with field tips and broadheads. I would hate to see you buy 3 dozen and find out they just don't deliver for you.

But at the end of the day it boils down to mind over matter, If you don't mind it don't matter. :)

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

Dan
Obviously getting the right length/spine for my bow and chosen weight upfront is going to be extremely important. Unfortunately there are no charts for that in my case. The 3Rivers spine calculator(if remotely accurate) has proven to be extremely valuable on that front.

Currently I’m not shooting consistently enough to know what would matter. I think I’ll be able to shoot softball sized groups at 20yds someday, because I currently shoot a group like that almost every day that I get to shoot. Unfortunately I almost always shoot a 20”+ group almost every day that I shoot. Lol. If someone had said “.006” won’t get you under 10” at 20yds, but switching to .003” will cut that in half”, or something similar, then I’d have gone straight to the better shafts. My instincts tell me that it takes more than 20yds, and probably more than 150-165fps for things like that to show up or else people would not have been able to shoot a targets at long range long before aluminum arrows came into existence. Then again, maybe wooden arrows could be made that darn straight even centuries ago.

I’m just amazed this thread title has made it to page 2 without going straight into the junior high boy gutter

For the record, a little flex seems to help

If you have a archery club or range in your area you should get together with experienced people and see if they can help you with your form. Without consistency you're spinning your wheels. Plus, you're probably developing some bad habits that will haunt you for a long time.

You weren't the only one thinking it. Thread title made me think of that hilarious Peyronies disease commercial every time I read it, I just didn't wanna be "that guy."
My college roommate just became a urologist and sent the boys a group text the other day warning us to be careful letting lady friends on top due to the eye-popping Peyronies cases he’s seen already.

Although that commercial mentioned daily stretching and straightening so at least that’s covered.

There isn’t a traditional archer alive that can honestly tell the difference between a properly spined.006 and and a properly spined .003 arrow. No one is drawing to the exact same length every time or releasing the arrows exactly the same every time.

Back