Leupold and RemArms stink.

ImBillT

So I’m putting together a new rifle. A Mauser, cause everything else sucks. I put a Leupold base on it, and Burris Signature turn in rings, but they are basically the same as Leupold rings. Then I went to mount my Tasco with a bent scope tube and noticed that I didn’t have the plastic inserts for the rings. I figured electrical tape is basically plastic, but then I decided that I didn’t want to use that much electrical tape, so I wrapped the scope tube in some paper towels and bolted her down. Keep in mind, the closest place to buy new rings is 20mi away, and the closest place to buy electrical tape is a ripoff. I even put a little extra under the front because that’s where the tube is bent downward. Anywho, I was just really upset that these 1” rings didn’t fit a 1” scope. Unfortunately, since Leupold CS stinks, they didn’t want to send me new rings since they didn’t make them, and the rings don’t actually have a problem anyway. What BS? They made the base! Sure enough RemArms CS stinks too. They said that even though Remington used to sell a model 798(made by Zastava), which was basically a Mauser, and the parts should be pretty much the same, that they weren’t going to fix my problem either. I guess I’m gonna have to think really hard before I buy that new 870, or VX5-HD.

I haven’t shot it yet, but thanks to my skillz, I expect it to shoot like my other rifles.

Cause two of these threads wasn’t enough for one day.

Follow me for more accuracy tips.

Attachments

• 968FC76D-6DAC-4DCE-B017-72A49DF2F82D.jpeg
    968FC76D-6DAC-4DCE-B017-72A49DF2F82D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 517FA017-BF98-4794-BB89-F0070476BDE7.jpeg
    517FA017-BF98-4794-BB89-F0070476BDE7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • 7A24AF33-C213-439B-82CC-83216B0BDAC7.png
    7A24AF33-C213-439B-82CC-83216B0BDAC7.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 375
Last edited:
If you arc weld that scope you’ll get less movement. Just be sure to drill a hole in it first so it don’t explode
Couple issues with welding: 1) it will cause the shims to catch on fire and ultimately disappear loosing their effectiveness. 2) It will eliminate your ability to properly sight it in. Right now all that is needed is to loosen the rings and spin it.

You coulda used that black tape to build yourself some new crosshairs If yours fall out. Would've prolly been worth goin all in and buying some.

I agree with you 💯 My buddy who has been a gunsmith for 29 years and a Seal sniper said that Leupold gets their glass from Tasco anyway so why spend that kind of money for a name! Plus he said they stopped building their sniper rifles on 700 actions because they were not reliable. Oh a trick he told me on your ring shimms...Skoal can....the curve on the side is a perfect match. He said tighten them down as tight as you possibly can and you will not even need lock tight. PM me if you want to talk to him. I can't give you his real name on here for governmental security reasons.

I got access to a 20 ton press and would be more than willing to straighten that kink in your scope tube if you are close enough. Guarantee it'll shoot straighter than before, right around corners with a natural foggy sight picture:)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back