Sh*t our wives do...

I cut that nonsense out early in marriage. So common in Hispanic culture and in South Florida culture when we got married. She wasn't terrible, but I told her I'd drive by myself rather than show up late with her. We've been (mostly) on the same page for the last 14 years lol.
I just learned to tell her times 1.5 hrs earlier than needed.

I'm 100% on board with setting the bar real high for her in terms of my tolerance for bs before marriage.

... but there's hills to die on and hills to drink on. This ain't one I can't mitigate most of the time.

We went to a small bar for dinner tonight. First we had to fill up my wife’s van with gas because it said 8 miles to empty. I know she passed 30+ gas stations on her drive home last night, but that’s not the point of my post. The point is that she ordered a California burger. Halfway through the meal I noticed her lettuce and tomato laying next to her plate (which I quickly snatched up). I asked her why she didn’t just order a cheeseburger and ask for some mayonnaise which would have saved us $2.00. She replied “I didn’t want a cheeseburger, I wanted a California burger, I just didn’t want the lettuce and tomato.” I took another bite of my burger quickly to stop myself from saying something I’d regret.

Last edited:
I didn't realize how good I have it. I doubt I fill up the wife's car more than once or twice per year, and she puts close to 25k on that thing annually.

Since i retired, I drive her car about 30% of the time or more, but I let her fill up.

I wonder what would happen the second time you didn't fill it up?

I wonder what would happen the second time you didn't fill it up?

It would likely happen at the most in opportune time FOR ME; prob when I’m out of town and she’s got grandkids aboard!

I’m lucky, It’s truly the only thing that she’s shortsighted about, prob cuz we are always in my truck. Her car is a 2017 CRV and only has 29k miles on it, plus at 33mpg I just don’t feel she thinks about feeding it!

My wife sent me this. Syracuse is 25 miles away. I told her she could make it there and back. It’s time for her to walk to a gas station. It’s the only solution at this point. SHE WAS IN TOWN GETTING GROCERIES YESTERDAY! DROVE BY NO LESS THAN 10 STATIONS! 🤬F2822532-C02B-4A3F-956C-27B7FC0911F1.png

I drive the wife's SUV maybe a couple of times a month at most - every time I do she asks me if I've filled it up!
If I say no, man do I ever get the "look". Crazy it seems, she actually does a lot for us and I love her much, but filling the car is just something she don't wanna do!

when i was married my wife tried to remove tar from the minivan with a scotch pad and removed the clearcoat and scratched the paint. Didn't learn her lesson. Used a scotch pad on the granite kitchen countertops to try to remove the calcium/lime deposits. Countertop hasn't looked the same even with new clearcoat. She didn't do many stupid things but when she did they were doozies.

Just no way your are coming out a winner with "Operation walk of shame".
You’re right. Some guy would stop and give her a ride to the gas station and then I’d have to hear about how I should be more sweet and caring like old so and so.

Life is so much easier as a woman. She decided yesterday that “we’re” gonna sand and re stain the kitchen cabinets. We go into Menards and some older fella springs right up and asks her what she needs. Shows her all around, chatting her up while I push the cart. Hell I’ve been in that store before and actually looked for someone to help me and never found anyone, if I did it wasn’t their department.

what was the saying again, hmmmm?? "Peace over Justice" I believe........
think that applies to your case Stocker....

I've learned the hard way through life that I'm better off when I bite my stupid-sarcastic tongue and not say anything in many conversations, otherwise I just dig myself a hole to crawl into

I’ve been in that store before and actually looked for someone to help me and never found anyone, if I did it wasn’t their department.

Right? That’s my life in a nutshell right there! We get a fair amount of stuff at the local farm store (WilCo or Coastal) and when the Mrs walks in it’s like hounds on a lion track after her! Me? Hell I could knock over a display and set off a flare and I might get a wave from the cashier as they head out the door for lunch…Unbelievable!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back