Sh*t our wives do...

Exactly.

Her running out of gas on the side of the rush is going to irritate her way more than it irritates him LOL.

I like your agreement, and I bet it works well for two motivated, reasonable individuals. But I can see it going way sideways if one person is a lazy bum. "It doesn't bother me that there are a pile of dishes. Maybe you should own that...."
I think it works in a respectful relationship. She will clean up the dishes, just in her own time. If I can't stand them in the sink there is any easy way to fix that problem.

As much of a pain as it would be, actually running out just might make her think about it next time. Maybe keep a spare can handy with a couple gallons for emergency use if you have to "rescue" her.

I think it works in a respectful relationship. She will clean up the dishes, just in her own time. If I can't stand them in the sink there is any easy way to fix that problem.
I hear you. I fear to think how many relationships aren't respectful enough to make that work.

And, not to be mean at all as I have no idea whether this applies to you, it's a lot easier to "take the high road" and clear the dishes out yourself for the first few years of marriage/living together. 10+ years in, stuff can get old. People are hard to change, whether it's cleaning up after oneself, filling the tank so as not leave the other stranded, or not buying that thing that isn't in the budget (again, and again, and again). The longer those bad habits go unchallenged the harder it is to change.

I hear you. I fear to think how many relationships aren't respectful enough to make that work.

And, not to be mean at all as I have no idea whether this applies to you, it's a lot easier to "take the high road" and clear the dishes out yourself for the first few years of marriage/living together. 10+ years in, stuff can get old. People are hard to change, whether it's cleaning up after oneself, filling the tank so as not leave the other stranded, or not buying that thing that isn't in the budget (again, and again, and again). The longer those bad habits go unchallenged the harder it is to change.
Totally has to be fair and for both parties to agree it’s fair… like “I will never mention the gas gauge again but don’t ever expect me to call Comcast.”

I don’t buy presents for anyone in either of our families.

Remarkably my wife is very attentive when it comes to fuel, maintenance and all things that need attention. Yes, she does drive me crazy. When we go somewhere together she will not drive. Up to me, even if I am tired. She says she feels safer. Oh well, good ‘nuff! Heck, we have been married better than 50 yrs. we get along great and she still get my blood hot. MTG

meant the person who got most irritated needed to own that chore.

Yes. My wife’s hill to die on is the little glass jar of Q Tips we keep on our bathroom sink.

It will sit there empty for a week if I let it, so its now my job. Everything else, she’s all over- but will not fill that dang thing no matter what. Meh.

I got a call this morning from my wife, judging by the sound of her voice I knew something was wrong. She started crying and told me how she had just ripped the passenger side mirror off her brand new SUV.

Time went into slow motion and I had to remind myself now was not the time to lecture. Anyway, she explained that she was backing out of the garage and wasn't paying attention. I asked her if the warning sounds started going off. She said she heard the warning sounds, but didn't think anything of it. 🤦‍♂️

I love my wife! The repair bill, not so much . . .

I got a call this morning from my wife, judging by the sound of her voice I knew something was wrong. She started crying and told me how she had just ripped the passenger side mirror off her brand new SUV.

Time went into slow motion and I had to remind myself now was not the time to lecture. Anyway, she explained that she was backing out of the garage and wasn't paying attention. I asked her if the warning sounds started going off. She said she heard the warning sounds, but didn't think anything of it. 🤦‍♂️

I can relate to your experience. Unfortunately, I can relate to your wife's experience, or something close to it, as well. Sh*t happens.

My wife reminded me of a good one yesterday. Her minivan has been in the body shop for a couple months after a Thanksgiving weekend wreck and while pulling out of the parking lot, she hit a massive pothole/washout. Thankfully, no damage done.

She has a blind spot for potholes and curbs. Can't see them to save her life. Multiple blown tires and bent rims. She's also allergic to gas pumps.

My wife reminded me of a good one yesterday. Her minivan has been in the body shop for a couple months after a Thanksgiving weekend wreck and while pulling out of the parking lot, she hit a massive pothole/washout. Thankfully, no damage done.

She has a blind spot for potholes and curbs. Can't see them to save her life. Multiple blown tires and bent rims. She's also allergic to gas pumps.
My wife also has a blind spot for objects in the road. Driving down our street yesterday I saw a grapefruit sized rock in middle of the road. After parking, I thought to myself "my wife will not see that and will for sure hit that." So, I walked down the street and picked it up. I told her about it and not only did she not thank me, she told me I'm an idiot.

Ok so I left to go turkey hunting and should have taken the tractor keys….

I just don’t get it, at our old house I came home from a trip and saw the front of the barn above the door all smashed in and was like wtf woman. She clearly explained to me how it was my fault and I was being rude by making her feel stupid. So then I walked over to the other door and that one is smashed too! So apparently if your driving a tractor and the roll bar smashes one side of the barn, it definitely might probably not hitthe other side which is an identical doorway. Yup sure does. Fast forward to our new house and me being gone turkey hunting a few days, I go to open the overhead door on the barn and see it all bent up on the bottom panel. I look at my wife and ask what I’m the world went on here????? Oh I don’t know, wasn’t me. it must have been like that. Knowing that’s completely BS I grabbed a tape measure and showed her how the two large marks exactly line up with the roll bar on my tractor. She says “oh yea I forgot, the door kept dropping down so it wouldn’t fit, so I pushed the door up and tried to drive the tractor through really fast”. I said why didn’t you use the giant 16’ door next to it instead of the small door!?!?

She got me good this weekend. She’s needed to clean out our old barn for like the last two months. I told her from the beginning that I want nothing to do with horses and I’m not shoveling poop. So it’s all on her. Guess what she wanted for Mother’s Day? “Hey can you go clean the barn for me since it’s Mother’s Day?” Women are so much smarter than men, it’s not a fair fight.

My wife goes out of her way to walk behind really slow people. It’s also rude to ‘pass’ them. At the check out door in Sam’s last week there were two people to check your receipts. One had three woman waiting in line, the other had no one. Guess which line she stands in?

We pulled into home depot on Sunday and I said there a spot and pointed right at it and she proceeded to drive around a parking lot 5 times "looking for a closer" spot.

When she FINALLY parked, I just smiled at her and got out.

She knew what I was thinking....which really pisses her off...which, is my full intention and I feel to be my duty as her husband...lol

I drove home, and I don't care that she doesn't like me messing with her seat or the mirrors. Its just that I prefer to stay alive for at least a few more years.

We pulled into home depot on Sunday and I said there a spot and pointed right at it and she proceeded to drive around a parking lot 5 times "looking for a closer" spot.

When she FINALLY parked, I just smiled at her and got out.

She knew what I was thinking....which really pisses her off...which, is my full intention and I feel to be my duty as her husband...lol

I drove home, and I don't care that she doesn't like me messing with her seat or the mirrors. Its just that I prefer to stay alive for at least a few more years.
I'll park 2x as far away if I don't have to drive around looking myself.especaillty if tjhe spot next to itis open(driving fullsize crew cab pu) . Meanwhile the woman in my life claims she has "Parking Karma" When she is with me 2 times out of 3 we will find a spot up close.... :rolleyes:

Mine did something similar a month ago. I got a call, first thing was "don't be mad at me, but..." I said, "you wrecked my pickup?" She started crying a little, and said she backed into a tree next to a parking spot. I said' "I didn't care." She said "really?!?" I said, "its just a vehicle, you're an Asian driver and supposedly this kind of stuff happens to people like you all the time." She laughed, and that was that.

Now I get to tell her to watch out for trees every time she leaves the house.

Calling around to find a repair shop... holy cow. Most were booked until October or November. We found a skeezy one that was sooner, but still no parts available. Crazy times.

Last edited:
Girlfriend measured something for me last night when I wasn't home. I asked today what it measured and her response was 36ish
Not 36 1/4", not 35 5/8"....36ish.

I am trying to figure out if a 36" long dry box will fit in my raft.

Girlfriend measured something for me last night when I wasn't home. I asked today what it measured and her response was 36ish
Not 36 1/4", not 35 5/8"....36ish.

I am trying to figure out if a 36" long dry box will fit in my raft.
When I saw girlfriend and measuring for you I thought we were going in a different direction!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back