Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sh*t our wives do...

All this talk about low gas in vehicles… I never make my own dinner, so I’m happy to trade services.
What does this mean when you do most of the cooking and fill up the gas tank?!

Literally, when my wife woke me up saying it was time to have our baby a couple weeks ago, I had to run to the gas station while she threw some bags together. 🤦‍♂️

My wife does a lot of things that drive me crazy but at least she is fanatic about keeping her car full of gas and her cell phone fully charged. As a matter of fact, I drive her crazy because I generally don't charge my phone until it stops working. She is always checking my phone then telling me that I have to put it on the charger because it's down to 40%. I say "40%? That's like five days." What's the rush? She then gives me a dirty look and puts it on the charger.

I bet you guys are thinking I just took a bunch of pictures when her car was low once. I wish that was the case. I know for a fact she has not put a drop of gas into her car in 3 months.

To top it off I’m gonna be the one walking one of these times.

All this talk about low gas in vehicles… I never make my own dinner, so I’m happy to trade services.

Wait a minute, I cook most of the meals... and do the dishes... I might be getting the short end of this stick...

But in reality, I insist on cooking supper and doing the dishes so I can relax and not take care of my two tornado children for like an hour... 🤓

I bet you guys are thinking I just took a bunch of pictures when her car was low once. I wish that was the case. I know for a fact she has not put a drop of gas into her car in 3 months.

If your walking along I-80 and an Iowa plate offers you a ride will you take it?

Wait a minute, I cook most of the meals... and do the dishes... I might be getting the short end of this stick...

But in reality, I insist on cooking supper and doing the dishes so I can relax and not take care of my two tornado children for like an hour... 🤓
I would rather cook a 5 course meal and do every dish in the house than get a kid bathed and ready for bed much less 2.

I hear ya there. I’m even willing to play dishwater roulette to get out of wrangling the kids. My wife routinely likes to leave steak knives or shearers in the sink. Those always pucker your ass when you blindly grab the blade under all the soapy water.

Sorry fellas, but I’m going to have to show this thread to my wife. I cook 6 out of 7 nights, load/unload the dishwasher and give the kids their baths.

All while my wife brags on her message boards how she has me trained.
But when she does…chicken and noodles with a homemade cream sauce, green beans, garlic toast and turtle cheesecake.
1651454258030.jpeg
1651454290030.jpeg

My wife does a lot of things that drive me crazy but at least she is fanatic about keeping her car full of gas and her cell phone fully charged. As a matter of fact, I drive her crazy because I generally don't charge my phone until it stops working. She is always checking my phone then telling me that I have to put it on the charger because it's down to 40%. I say "40%? That's like five days." What's the rush? She then gives me a dirty look and puts it on the charger.
Mine seems a twin...or is something else going on

Bro...

You need to just check it every couple of days and fill it up.

Not gonna do it.
We came to the realizations the 3rd year after we had moved into together that if something around the house/cars etc irritated one of us more than other that meant the person who got most irritated needed to own that chore. Honestly best agreement we have ever made.

Resentments are terrible for a relationship.

Maybe I got that from @Big Fin that was around when I discovered fresh tracks?

Last edited:
We came to the realizations the 3rd year after we had moved into together that if something around the house/cars etc irritated one of us more than other that meant I needed the person who got most irritated needed to own that chore. Honestly best agreement we have ever made.

Resentments are terrible for a relationship.

Maybe I got that from @Big Fin that was around when I discovered fresh tracks?
Exactly.

Her running out of gas on the side of the road is going to irritate her way more than it irritates him LOL.

I like your agreement, and I bet it works well for two motivated, reasonable individuals. But I can see it going way sideways if one person is a lazy bum. "It doesn't bother me that there are a pile of dishes. Maybe you should own that...."

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back