Caribou Gear Tarp

Sh*t our wives do...

Whenever I see a shift in that direction I point it out to my wife. She may slap me and banish me to the couch for a night, but she shifts back the other way. It's worth it.
I only use this card when absolutely necessary.

Making decisions is always a tricky one. One day my wife asked me to make a decision on what to do. I answered with " What difference does it make, we're just going to do whatever you want anyhow. It became very apparent to both of us that my decision to respond in that manner (even though it was true) was an extremely poor decision.
Man I can relate to that. Can't tell you how many times I've died on that hill. I'm kinda learning, but with that comes a whole other set of problems. I don't know which is worse, telling the truth and having a fight but doing something right once or putting a ton of work into something only to have to half ass some extremely important part of it to not have a fight and then deal with the consequences of that later.

Man I can relate to that. Can't tell you how many times I've died on that hill. I'm kinda learning, but with that comes a whole other set of problems. I don't know which is worse, telling the truth and having a fight but doing something right once or putting a ton of work into something only to have to half ass some extremely important part of it to not have a fight and then deal with the consequences of that later.
I worked with a guy who's favorite saying summed it up in four words. "You just can't win."

Middle for sure...

Wait... second guessing...

hmmm

Left?

... Christ on a cracker....
tenor.gif

Definitely far left.
Obviously more doily like

Me, naked on my way into the shower after a hellishly long, cold, dirty day at work: "Honey, did you make it to Mom's with the roast for Sunday?"

My lovely wife, as I stand there holding myself because the house is 64 degrees: "I was going to go by there on the way to the vets. I had to get the cat's anti-seizure medicine. But then Teresa called me and asked if I would come by the church to help her sort furniture for an Afghan family we're adopting, so I went down there. Anna-Lee got a full-time job and is only helping out a few hours a week...blah, blah, blah...lang, lang, lang...blur, blur, blur...and now Lauren has Covid!"

Me, 4 minutes later, dripping with salt and dispair while cupping what looks like a frozen turtle in my hands, my eyes glazed over like a fresh donut: "So you didn't drop off the roast?"

Wife of my dreams: "I dropped it off. You never listen to me!"

I'm not going to go back and see if I already mentioned this one. But my wife with devote 1 hour of her evening to texting with her sister. Much of the time is simply spent staring at her phone waiting while her sister texts back. The entire thing could have been discussed with a 5 minute phone call but noooo, I get to cook and clean and she's "connecting with family".

F for eFFiciency.

My only post on this thread was to praise one of our male members

I have since then restrained from commenting per the request from the OP

However: since I am here I would like to ask Chris if that is his twin brother standing behind him ? AND----if on your 1st date you took her to a tractor pull and she liked it----you found a "keeper" for sure

and-------- Wives and their failings have created a silver lining, at least here at Hunt Talk. This thread is almost a year old and 13 pages long and there has not been one disagreement among the male membership, so there appears to be a silver lining to our "faults ".

I could have replied here with the most dreaded word for a husband to hear. When you ask "whats wrong ?" and you hear "NOTHING";)

Ken. This reminded me of two events in my life
1. The above clip was sent to me with the caption --What it is like to raise a daughter !
2. My daughter called once and said "your granddaughter is being a bitch" and I said "there is a God"

Last question to everyone except ---- dirtclod, John, and Hank, as they have already decided that a dog or roadrunner is better than a wife--but for the rest of you ???? ;)
Yep, but it has to be a "Bird" dog! ;) 💥

I'm not going to go back and see if I already mentioned this one. But my wife with devote 1 hour of her evening to texting with her sister. Much of the time is simply spent staring at her phone waiting while her sister texts back. The entire thing could have been discussed with a 5 minute phone call but noooo, I get to cook and clean and she's "connecting with family".

F for eFFiciency.

Every time my wife does something silly or pointless; I remind myself that, I too, am one of her poor life decisions... :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back