Caribou Gear Tarp

Sh*t our kids do

Another thing about my kids growing up in the sticks, they don’t understand how to act in a city. They just wander into streets and don’t pay any attention in parking lots. They are oblivious to how to act in a city. Every time we are in a store they wander off. My wife has given them the “strangers will take you” lecture 1000 times.

Elevators intrigue the heck out of them. It’s a race to push the button. I’m sure others in the elevator think we are the Beverly hillbillies.

Another thing about my kids growing up in the sticks, they don’t understand how to act in a city. They just wander into streets and don’t pay any attention in parking lots. They are oblivious to how to act in a city. Every time we are in a store they wander off. My wife has given them the “strangers will take you” lecture 1000 times.

Elevators intrigue the heck out of them. It’s a race to push the button. I’m sure others in the elevator think we are the Beverly hillbillies.
I can relate

I can relate
They come by it honest though. Wife talked me into renting a car and driving into NYC from Sleepy hollow one time. I parked in an underground garage, we wandered around for most of the day. Do you think I could remember where I parked? Nope. I even called hertz and said I lost it. About a half hour after that I found a familiar looking place and found it. I’m pretty good with directions anywhere. I was lost as hell on that city.

All kids are like that around elevators. We have an elevator at work that rarely gets used. The elevator service man always tells us we need to use it more. Whenever there are kids here they like to ride the elevator even though it is slower than molasses in January. It makes our boss mad every time he thinks they are going to wear it out.

I understand your fears about parking lots and roads. I was watching the son one day while my wife and daughter were elsewhere I ran back inside quick and I looked out the window because there was a car flashing there lights on the gravel road. They kept going, but pulled in our driveway. I was like what the heck because I knew our son was outside. I ran out to meet the car but they were pulling in to tell me he had taken off down the road on his tractor. When I caught up to him he told me he was going to help grandpa with his chores, which is about a mile away.

They come by it honest though. Wife talked me into renting a car and driving into NYC from Sleepy hollow one time. I parked in an underground garage, we wandered around for most of the day. Do you think I could remember where I parked? Nope. I even called hertz and said I lost it. About a half hour after that I found a familiar looking place and found it. I’m pretty good with directions anywhere. I was lost as hell on that city.
Yah I have a good sense of direction you put me in the city I don't know east from west.

I was telling my haircutter about this today and the lady under the drier about died laughing… we used to sit in the 2nd row for church. All the old people behind us would egg our kids on and laugh about it. One Sunday after communion the priest was doing his thing and its dead quiet in church, the 1 year old at the time stands on the pew and yells “Awww bullshit!” We sit in the back now.
Reminds me of the time we were sitting in church. During the sacrament (bread and water) my then 3 year old takes the water and in his loudest voice, smacked his lips and said, "ahh Whiskey".

My nephews lived in town when we first moved out where we are now. This is 2 hour drive from our home town so it is an all day event to visit either way and I'm surround for miles by federal ground. My sister was worried about them getting lost if she just turned them out like I did my boy.

Well one time they all brought those paintball guns and wanted to play with them. I said fine I don't care. Shoot up what ever you want, SO LONG AS YOU CAN'T SEE MY HOUSE OR ANY OTHER BUILDING FROM WHERE EVER YOU ARE SHOOTING IT. Go and come and shoot all you want, but first time I see ANYTHING with paint ball on it and I can see my house from there, its over.

I don't think they ever shot the things. You can go for miles if you want to. THOUSANDS of acres, but if they can't shoot up every thing around the house it is no fun I guess.

Then there was the BB guns...

1651855438172.png

Another nephew learning what grapevines are good for.

1651856046080.png

Last edited:

I love that!

Reminds me of the time my wife and sister took the little ones with them to the Indianapolis Home Show.

Everything was fine until they couldn't find my boy Sherman. He was probably about 5. They were going crazy running around yelling. Then my wife realized Bob Villa was at a booth doing something right across the aisle from them and there was Sherman. Just standing there right up front watching Bob Villa do his home show thing. They watched the show about every day when they were little.

I'm down to one 15 yr. old daughter in the house with me every other week. Truth be told if we could have done the Week on/Week off when the other two girls were younger I might have a better relationship with them (truth be told). Sometimes having that break makes you appreciate each other more...

I think tis one appreciates some of the stuff she got to do growing up, even though she's more focused on basketball and FFA these days...

Then:

1651863393198.png
1651863574258.png1651863597326.png

Now:
1651863694580.png

1651863813994.png

When my step son was younger maybe 7 or so he was really into going duck hunting with my brother and I. However my brother got a new girlfriend and whenever she was in town he wouldn't be hunting. Brother and his gf were over at our house one evening, and my step son asked of he was going with in the morning. He replied no, to which my step son tells him right in front of the gf "oh my God dude she's ruining your life!"

This one (and her brother!) have done plenty over the years worthy of an embarrassing post on this thread. But not this week. This week is all about being immensely proud of her. She graduated from college yesterday Summa Cum Laude - having earned straight A’s ever since she started getting letter grades in middle school. Couldn’t be more proud of her. 👍
9196CCF8-22E1-4C20-B39C-2752290EBB0E.jpeg

Daughter comes running back to the house yelling brother needs help wiping because he pooped in the yard. I look around the corner and see this.

1652288121919.jpeg

1652288310552.jpeg

The pile in the shorts was pretty big. A for effort on getting his pants down but an F for technique.

Attachments

• 1652288167418.jpeg
    1652288167418.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back