SFC is putting forth some effort this year......

SFC B

As I approach the big 5--0 this fall I am putting forth some effort into this year. Between trying to volunteer more with American Heroes in Action and getting to new and exciting hunt opportunities I hope to have some great stories. This was the first of 2019 https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/weekend-in-ne.287188/ . From here I have 2 more sure things lined up. 2nd season will be as usual again, although due to some "scheduling" issues we may be moving that to 3rd season after this year. Also, in September I will be heading to the UK for my birthday present to myself and ma going to chase deer (hopefully reds or fallows) one way or the other. I have probables lined up but will being them up as they come. Best of luck to all and can't wait to see what the year brings.

Great to see your asserting yourself.The big 50 Isn't so bad
IF in your head you are still 30yrs.:cool:

Travel plans for the first excursion just came through!! On 22MAR19 I will be flying to Lake Charles, LA for my first ever shot at bowfishing. Since it is with a bow I am calling it a hunt :) This will be my first time ever using a bow in anger so it should be interesting. Absolute worst case scenario is that I eat myself into oblivion for the long weekend.....MAN they can cook in LA!!! Looks like we will be chasing reds, flounder, croakers, rays and whatever else may happen by. This is a whole new deal for me so I will try to take a bunch of pics and copious descriptions :)

Sounds like fun,hurts like Hell!Have a great time.
Looking forward to those pics.:cool:

SFC B, two score and a decade! All I can suggest is "Don't let the old man in!"

SFC B, two score and a decade! All I can suggest is "Don't let the old man in!"
I keep trying to do things I enjoy....some not to the same level I used to (ie working out) but you hit it on the head. KEEP FIGHTING

Got a some more details and it is looking even better. We will be fishing in shore saltwater during the day, coming in for chow (including a crawfish boil on Saturday ;) ) and then out on the air boat from dusk until late into the night bowfishing. The big bonus is there are apparently some pigs running around the property as well and we might get to chase them too!!! Working this week is getting even harder......Friday can't come soon enough.

Just got home and it was a GREAT weekend! Fished hard both days and Im a lil bushed. I'll get to a full write up and pics tomorrow. Well, Cush got a preview but the rest of yall will get it soon :)

Back