Setting the Bar

squirrel

Down but not out, the pugnacious squirrel leaves the safety of the nest and approaches the dog house for another leg lift...

IMG_1026.JPG

Just shy of 5 months my little puppy dug up her first yesterday. I found the righty and was all full of myself and looked over and she was furiously digging under the lefty 5 yards away, she found it but wasn't sure what to do with it.

It was the lesser of the two and I want her to find mates so I beat on her for awhile using the one I found to make her see it my way...

Pretty sure now she knows to fetch the one up and look for the mate pronto, but if not the whoopin's will continue until her morale improves.

IMG_2237 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_2343 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_2347 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_2349 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_2350 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_1901 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

Nice set most the Bucks I'm watching still packing as of Sunday. What do you do with a set like that display them or through them into your pile? Does your antler buyer pay more for a set like that or just pay per pound?

More singles... more beatings She got a bit tuckered for the last six miles or so... youngsters! I, of course, was just getting my second wind after 12 miles, wishing I had another twenty shoved in my pack just to make it fair. Does Ibuprofen mix with whiskey well?

IMG_2358 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_2354 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_2351 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

That oak is all pee stained around the bottom.

Great looking pup Kevin!

Im taking my pup on his first trip today. The whitetail fall first here. Another month for muley and elk.
IMG_1174.jpg

Hope that bad shoulder heals....

Cute pup even if he is the wrong color Steve. Them acorns are sure to be bitter ;)

IMG_0112 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_0111 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_0109 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

She didn't do so well on this one but note the yesterday boot tracks right under the antler... too funny, there are people everywhere!
IMG_2378 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

IMG_2362 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

And one just for antlerradar cause I know he loves a good b-day party...

IMG_2342 by squirrel2012, on Flickr

Party balloons multiply faster that rabbits. Makes you wonder just what balloons do at birthday parties.

Hiking miles for the road and finding party balloons is one of my pet peeves

Looks like that pup ran himself into the ground. I heard a rumor last Saturday that CPW will consider a shed season in your neck of the woods, which will surely eventually result in a statewide regulation. We knew that's where this was heading.

Looks like that pup ran himself into the ground. I heard a rumor last Saturday that CPW will consider a shed season in your neck of the woods, which will surely eventually result in a statewide regulation. We knew that's where this was heading.

BAHHAAAHAAA - too funny.

Awesome finds squirrel!
Don't let one tool ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy your posts.

BAHHAAAHAAA - too funny.

Awesome finds squirrel!
Don't let one tool ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy your posts.
What? We knew where it was going when they started implementing closures in portions of the state. Guys move to other areas, people bitch, and eventually we get a statewide season. Ron Velarde said last weekend that CPW will now be considering a shed season in Middle Park. Whether you think he's a tool or not, he has the power to do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back