Seeth's unexpected FULL fall of "good" hunts

The poor girl missed so many times but she didnt let it get to her and kept on shooting.

Was a great opportunity for myself to just focus on my dogs as I chose to bring both. Worked on holding steady with ducks on the water. Holding at dead bird until command. Learning turns. I also really got to see how bad my hearing is. I was just watching the dogs and if their eyes started looking, I knew ducks were coming!

20220917_063909.jpg

I'm up in a stand bowhunting whitetails for the first time this year. Feels good!

There is something very special about this evening as well. I've always wanted to make a small food plot but never had the equipment/ ambition to do it until this year. After dozens of hours poured into the project, I finally get to watch over my creation and hopefully be rewarded tonight with being able to catch a few deer munching on the 1 foot tall leaves of rape, kale and turnips.

Also very unique to tonight is the fact that I'm sitting in a brand new stand. Well not exactly new, in fact extremely old, but new to me. My wife and I have owned this property for over 9 years now and until this spring, neither of us ever knew this stand existed! It wasn't until I was trying to figure out a good location to put a stand in the area that we discovered it. I was looking around for a good spot and tree and said outload something like "well I like this tree here, it's not ideal but really the only other option is that tree over there" and immediately upon saying that we realized there was something metal up in that tree! Yup, an old homemade hangon stand. It was an easy decision then. We reevaluated the condition, spruced a few things up and it was ready to hunt again. As I sit here tonight, I can't help but think and wonder about the age of the stand and what type of experiences have occurred here in the past. I consider it a good omen, an omen hopefully of good fortune to come :)

So I didn't want to derail this epic hunting thread too much with shenigans but since @Stocker so gracefully rode the stache luck to a huge bull, I was inspired and put the razor down for a few weeks and the nicely kept Amish beard I rock has turned into a scruffy mess with a sore attempt for something to be called a stache

20220920_172842.jpg

So I didn't want to derail this epic hunting thread too much with shenigans but since @Stocker so gracefully rode the stache luck to a huge bull, I was inspired and put the razor down for a few weeks and the nicely kept Amish beard I rock has turned into a scruffy mess with a sore attempt for something to be called a stache

View attachment 240509
I hope your wife has better luck with her elk than you did with your “stache.” 🤣

At Cheyenne, almost there! Made it through the tough overnight hours of driving without issue. Wife let me get a few hours of sleep before 11am and then I was able to grind away until 4am. Some heavy rain for a small portion in western NE which God knows they need it there bad so good for them. Clear but windy in this great state (real shocker right!) And pumped ready to hit the glass hard here soon this afternoon!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back