Second Wyoming elk

BuzzH

I drew a type 6 elk license this year and finally got around to hunting it the last couple days. I had a great opportunity early the first morning, but the herd was between myself and another hunter. Neither of us shot, and its good to see some great safety being practiced out there...hunters safety is working.

The weather was unbelievable, highs in the 60's clear and calm. Not exactly perfect for elk hunting, but I saw elk every day and it made camping in November pretty darn enjoyable.

Late last evening I edged up on a herd of 6 cows/calves and decided to shoot a calf. I already have a freezer full of elk burger off the six point I shot, so I figured something a bit more tender may be good for steaks.

One shot at about 90 yards.

IMG_4104.JPG

Going to go deer hunting for 2 full weeks starting this Tuesday in both Montana and Wyoming...then end the season on elk for a week in Montana. Should be fun regardless of the outcome. Looking forward to spending 3 weeks hunting instead of hunting a few days between work...which I've done pretty much all season.

Good luck to everyone else the next few weeks.

Congrats, I'm really jealous of the fine eating that thing should provide. If you run out of room for those steaks I'd be happy to give them a temporary home with a small storage fee.

Great to hear about the mutual safety.
Congrats on some really good meat!

Best of success in your deer and last week elk MT hunt!

I got a second MT elk also. Not sure we need to be killing 2 elk here, but really could use the meat with 3 kids in higher levels of learning.
picture.php

nice work at filling the freezer, SS.

Makes me take second thought of my outstanding B tag...

Going to go deer hunting for 2 full weeks starting this Tuesday in both Montana and Wyoming...then end the season on elk for a week in Montana. Should be fun regardless of the outcome. Looking forward to spending 3 weeks hunting instead of hunting a few days between work...which I've done pretty much all season.

Good luck to everyone else the next few weeks.

Where was that thread that somebody tried to say a "collage" degree was not important???

Buzz is livin' the life.

Congrats on a good hunt.

Buzz.... you'r still ugly ~~~~~~ ;)

I figured since you get compliments all year long on all the stuff you shoot I had to put you in yer place ;)

....Alright, Congrats "AGAIN" !!!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back