NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Season lengths.

stilllearning

I was just thinking about how short I felt our season was and thought I would ask ................

Our deer season is 3 weeks for bow and then another 4 weeks for all bow, rifle, muzzle loader or shot gun, any legal form of hunting. No crossbows or automatic weapons.

How long is your deer season?

We have to choose our weapon. Archery season is 4 weeks, muzzleloader is 9 days, and there are three rifle seasons to choose from: 9 days, 7 days and 5 days. Must draw a tag for any deer season.

I don't feel sorry for you. ;)

Maryland bow starts Sept. 15th and ends Jan. 31, 4 weeks of crossbow for anybody.
early 2 day Ml season followed by a 2 week season of ML in Dec.
then a 2 week season for guns, shot guns or rifle depending on the county in Nov.

by the time Jan 31st gets here I'm ready for a break.

It depends on the unit here in Wyoming. There are different stipulations for species, antlered or not as well. Average season is about 3 weeks.

deer - oct 1st thru the middle of january. think its the 17th this year for archery.

- 3 day weekend before thanksgiving for shotgun. than another 4 day weekend the first weekend in december after thanksgiving for shotgun.

- ml can be used the second shotgun season, and think they have another 3 day weekend for ml only after the second shotgun season.

- pistol season is sometime in january I think, and some counties have a late season doe only hunt.

Xbow, also the two day rifle hunt in Jan.

Nov 29 - Dec 13
Jan 9 – Jan 10
Antlered or Antlerless
Total Bag Limit:
2 Antlered
10 Antlerless

Ours is a bit confusing sometimes. First, if a private ranch does MLD permits, they get the tags fro the state, Managed Land Deer permits, and the hunter doesn't have to use their own tags, just have a liscense. Those MLD permits are any legal weapon from Oct. through Feb. The state gives the landowners a big season as a reward for following their biologists harvest rules, I guess.

On a regular liscense, we have Oct. for archery, Nov. to Jan.4 or so for any legal weapon, then in some counties it goes longer for bucks or for spikes and does or for muzzleloader and you have to check the county you're hunting in then. Some counties have 1 buck, some 2, and some 3, some any buck, some only 13 inches wide plus.

Mule deer season is 3 weekends with the 2 weeks inbetween starting after Thanksgiving.

Exotic deer season is all year, 365 days of 24/7 with landowner permission.

Usually about a month and a half for archery, then you sit on your thumbs for a week then jump into another month and a half for rifle...

There are a few places you can start hunting in August for the early stuff, and then out until January or February for the latest in some areas...

Back