Sealed the Deal......Lamb Chops anyone?

A curl and a QQUARTER ?!?!!? Why is it always about Quarters with you Louisianna boys and hunting ;)

Glad ya made it back, I've seen that country before.. LOOKS like the Southers Alps of New Zealand where I've hunter Chamois and Tahr. It's rough and Can be Tougher then any man wants to do :eek: :eek:

But when ya score, It's all worth it !!!! Welcome back off the mountain. Talk to ya next week...... Now Catch some Fish, Would ya !!!

DS congrats to ya man.Glad you got to ful fill your dream hunt with a trophy of a lifetime.Cant wait to hear all the details of the hunt and see the pics.Congrats again.

Well....we just limped off the mountain......and I do mean limped. I only lost 3 toenails, so that's good, meaning I still have 7. :rolleyes:

By no stretch of the imagination, this was absolutely the toughest hunt I have ever done. My partners were first rate and worked harder than any guide I have ever known. ;) ........and yes, I did smoke the trophy of my lifetime.......an awsome 1 1/4 curl majestic Dall Ram....it was truely unbelievable. I swore to leave all I had on that mountain, and it took every bit of that and more........and the guys here who have been there know exactly what I mean.

Let me catch my breathe and I will gladly give up the details.
DS

OK.....like I said, I probably am not the best judge of sheep, so maybe he is only a full and an eighth??????.....he runs about 4 or 5 inches past full, and he was an old ram.

We took the cape and the horns to the Taxidermist today......and layed my horns in with the other 20 or so laying there, and I was under the best, but way above plenty of the legal rams, so I think I did a pretty good job of judging a nice one.
DS

WTG, DS! Hope to see some pics when you get back! Give me a call and I'll buy you a beer!

Oak

Congrats DS> Glad you got the ram of your dreams ansd the ram of several dreams. I am looking forward to hearing the story and seeing the pics.

Way to go , DS! Like everyone else, I'm anxious to see the pictures. Why'd you lose the toenails - left 'em too long, boots too small/loose or ???? From what I've experienced, it's usually caused by a long, steep downhill haul with weight and the toes impacting the front of the boot each step - ouch! Been there - hurts like Hell. :eek: But it makes the trophy that much better, eh? :D

That's about it Cali.......even with just packs, and mine was WAY too friggin heavy, we were loaded to the max, carrying them for 4 days out from base camp and back, and then add the sheep after I took him......I honestly didn't know how we were going to make it with that much weight.......and everything was either straight up or straight down the majority of the time.
Boots fit great......but regardless, my heels were bleeding after the 3rd day and my toenails were purple, well, only the 3 I offered up to the mountain as a sacrifice! :D ......it rained daily and the cold cut through our tents most nights.....miserable took on a knew meaning.

But then we would get in a gaggle of sheep and I would forget all of that! :eek: WE glassed boatloads of rams......but most were 3/4 to full, and we probably only saw 10 or so we knerw were legal the whole trip. The ram I took was with 22 other rams, and only two others were legal, with him being heads above them all. It was with only about 30 minutes of light left, and I smoked him still bedded with lots of rams feeding around him. He found a way to stand, but could only manage to stumble downhill......for almost a mile! :eek: .....he rolled as much as anything, and the packout was hellacious!

I tried putting the whole story on here the other day, and it wouldn't post for some reason. I saved it to disk at my brothers and he should be sending it for me to try and re-post it.

Thanks for all the congrats!
DS

Congrats on the hunt of a lifetime!!!! I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous to the nth degree.

I dont know about a blue ear tag, but I did see some nice pretty blue and black toenails today.

Goes with hunting sheep, I've experienced the black toe syndrome, real funny until it comes to pulling them crusty bastards off your toes. All I can say is have a stick handy to bite down on when it comes time to pull them off. Freaking just about brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Man, I'd sacrifice all my toenails every year to kill a 38" ram. Good job on the sheep DS. Hurry up with the pics.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back