Mutton Bustin"!!!

Thanks Moose Man!...caught some silvers the last two days...that was a blast!....I just wish fishing around here was as good!
DS

DS,
Cant wait to see the pics and read the story.

Whos doing the work on your ram? I know of only 1 person here that I would trust for a sheep mount.

The guy is retired military and does it mostly as a hobbie. He specializes in sheep, but also does african game, carribou, moose, bear, whatever...

I have almost 30 mounts so I know good ones from the not so good ones, and he does excellent work. He mostly does it for the military gang. He is very inexpensive stating this was not a job, he retired from one of those, but rather this was a hobby and he just wanted to enjoy doing it. The cost for my sheep was $300...and that is no misprint. That is less than half of what most guys charge, and he will do our bou next year for $350. He takes no momey upfront, but rather ships it to you in 90-120 days and if you like it, you send him a check. You also pay shipping which he said runs a little less than $200. So this mount will cost me between $400-$500........pretty damn inexpensive for a nice dall ram mount I think.He had over 20 rams there to do, and the season is still going.

What does your wife charge?
DS

I'm not sure what her shop charges. She only does bears and to be honest, I wouldnt turn a ram into her shop (did I say that :eek: ).

300 is a damn good price, I dont think anybody in town can match it.

What is his name if you dont mind me asking? The guy I was talking about is Joe Romano. He's excellant at sheep.

All I know is Bob, but I do have his number. But like I said, I'm not at liberty to list it in a public forum. He is a personal contact, and does not consider it a business, but rather does it for a small network of friends and military personal who have come to know him personally. He would do our bou next year, because I asked him. But he made it clear it was an in-home hobby and not a business......so I will have to respect that.
DS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back