Sealed the Deal......Lamb Chops anyone?

Yep.......Buzz came by for a close up look at the purple dead toenails......and I produced them as promised! :eek: ....he also got a blow to blow of the sheep hunt and he seemed to think I did ok........though he said I had a ways to go to make Pug pround......what the hell did he mean by that?! :rolleyes:
DS

NOW thats the SHIT HUNT STORIES are made of !!!!!! HAHA !!! BLODY heals.. BLACK toes.. COLD to the bones, And one BIG ASS DEAD RAM !!!!

HAve I said Congrats yet DS ?!?!

NOW, Tell me you were wearing a HuntTalk.com HAT... HUhhh HUHHH... OK, I'll forgive ya if ya didn't , I'll have to BAN ya for 2 weeks, But I'll forgive ya ;)

Brother......I'm gonna be totally honest........I hunted and killed that )#$(*))@ wearing a "West Laramie Fly Store" hat.....but did dawn a "Hunttalk. com" hat on both me and the ram back at camp.....and one of us was holding a bottle of Crown Royal though I don't remember which one of us it was! :D .....but I made dam sure we got Hunttalk pix.....on my brothers camera because mine was out of film....so I should get them in a week or so.
DS

Congratulations on an incredible hunt. Did the rain freeze as predicted? For somebody from Colorado to say miserable took on a whole new meaning is incredible. It sounds like you had an incredible hunt with a great ram too.

Thanks Tom...and yes, I was hit with freezing rain and snow at times.....mostly rain and wind, and the occasional glimpse of sunshine, and I do mean very occasional.

Most mornings we awoke to being "socked in".....meaning visibility was next to nothing because the clouds would roll in literally on top of us. It would take hours sometimes for them to burn off or rise out of there......very different, but at least I was set up to hunt the rain, so it was bearable, but miserable.... ;) the problem was we hiked so much we got wet from the sweat within, not the rain on the outside of the clothes....so wet is wet and we were that way much of the time.
DS

What do those things taste like? I read a story once about the guy who guided Fred Bear to the World Record Grizz and he says it can't be beat. To keep people from asking him, he'd give Mt. Goat instead of Dall so they wouldn't ask anymore.

The meat was ok.......but I'd rather go to the Texas Road House ;)

Sheep meat does not have the texture and grainy-ness of say elk or tear......it almost has a chalky taste...but does not taste wild in the least. I gladly donated mine to some friends who may never have tasted it any otherwise :D
DS

DS, congrats! ...pics?

boy do I want to hunt Dalls

I'll see if I can get some help and get 'em on here Sunday, Non-typical..and thanks for the kudos.....I was real proud of that hunt.....the hardest I've ever done.
DS

Back