Screwing over the Non-resident (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 318089

I'm not arguing, just pointing out that it's been publicized all over.
Yeah, makes sense. Can’t argue that, I agree with what you’re saying. I guess I just never have seen anyone talk about going to IL to hunt. In fact, the opposite. Had a neighbor say he used to go to MO, wouldn’t hunt IL at all. Use of a rifle was the reason. Their loss TBH.

But I was just a visitor for a few years. I’m not smart enough to speak on Midwest whitetails.

I have put my money where my mouth is numerous times. And I have yet to NR opportunity’s not get eroded. The answer is alway the same pay more for less chance at opportunities.
I am not the only person wisening up.
How about you put your money where your mouth is. Pick up the tab for the administration of public lands in your state, pay for fish and wildlife in proportion to your use as a resident….or maybe….like it’s been told to me on here numerous times “ If you don’t like it move “ ….
Guess you didn’t see where I was from. Pretty sure the non residents aren’t really footing the bill here. Oh but why would you have noticed where I was from when you’re to absorbed in yourself. And, I don’t have any money to put where my mouth is. By the way, moving is in my top five list in my five year plan. Hoping to move to a generous hunting state. Maybe I’ll even turn into a “greedy prick”

Yeah, makes sense. Can’t argue that, I agree with what you’re saying. I guess I just never have seen anyone talk about going to IL to hunt. In fact, the opposite. Had a neighbor say he used to go to MO, wouldn’t hunt IL at all. Use of a rifle was the reason. Their loss TBH.

But I was just a visitor for a few years. I’m not smart enough to speak on Midwest whitetails.
There's plenty of guys who head to Missouri and Wisconsin for same reason. Not real sharp.

Guess you didn’t see where I was from. Pretty sure the non residents aren’t really footing the bill here. Oh but why would you have noticed where I was from when you’re to absorbed in yourself. And, I don’t have any money to put where my mouth is. By the way, moving is in my top five list in my five year plan. Hoping to move to a generous hunting state. Maybe I’ll even turn into a “greedy prick”

You have to Ask Buzz about that, he is the expert on Greedy pricks. After all he coined the phrase on here calling Arizona residents Greedy pricks who didn’t want any NR to draw a 🏷️ 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I saw you were from Washington, perfect example what the other states shouldn’t turn into but what they are fast moving toward. You’d think they would learned that no body care what happens to hunting on the west coast because nobody other than residents have an opportunity there, Mountain loin ban? So what. Who cares.
Compare that to Colorado and the support the got in some recent fight. Big difference. Might want to ask yourself why.

Last edited:
If the NR attitude is even close to yours, do you blame them?? Best of luck to you with all your flowing cash getting anything changed where you are only a stakeholder and not a trustee. I hope it works out for you, but precedence says that you’re probably just blowing hot air. On a positive note for ya, when WY does the 95/5/5, at least you’ll be able to city up in your outfitters lodge every year.

Keep crying

You have to Ask Buzz about that, he is the expert on Greedy pricks. After all he coined the phrase on here calling Arizona residents Greedy pricks who didn’t want any NR to draw a 🏷️ 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah I saw you were from Washington, perfect example what the other states shouldn’t turn into but what they are fast moving toward. You’d think they would learned that no body care what happens to hunting on the west coast because nobody other than residents have an opportunity there, Mountain loin ban? So what. Who cares.
Compare that to Colorado and the support the got in some recent fight. Big difference. Might want to ask yourself why.
Actually as a nr you can hunt deer, bear and elk otc in Washington very good Roosevelt elk hunting also if you know what you are doing good fall bear also that starts in August. Decent whitetail in the ne corner

Last edited:
Yeah in the short run that might get you a tag or two, in the long run…. It will just produce more and more tags for the open market unless. Residents decide they are going to start paying some trespass fees.
Where I hunt, I don't have to trespass. I'll always get a tag, and always kill bulls. Every, single, year. Joys of being a resident public land hunter I guess. mtmuley

Wha
What?
Was just saying look at the states it's compared against if the whitetail hunting is so great why the need to come west to hunt. It's on the top 10 list of the worst publicland deer hunting. If you want to hunt farm raised deer amd pay for access sure its good

Actually you can hunt deer, bear and elk otc in Washington very good Roosevelt elk hunting also if you know what you are doing good fall bear also that starts in August. Decent whitetail in the ne corner
So can non residents, but we sure don’t see them rushing in with their funds to help when our commission makes stupid choices like eliminating spring bear. Even though we weren’t greedy pricks. All the saviors only want to save what they want. Who’s greedy now??

So can non residents, but we sure don’t see them rushing in with their funds to help when our commission makes stupid choices like eliminating spring bear. Even though we weren’t greedy pricks. All the saviors only want to save what they want. Who’s greedy now??
It’s sad to say but there was a hard lesson learned from WA when it comes to advocacy. Makes me wonder if that’s why there’s a lot of attention in CO for the same issue.

What do you think the non-resident cap, or quota, is in Washington?

There isn’t one for LE hunts. Your just stuck buying a license( what’s NR elk lic ..500 or 600) and 110 application fee for every draw.
Considering there is hardly any tags. You might as well burn you money at least you will get the heat out it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back