Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Screwing over the Non-resident (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly are land owners tags part of the North American Model of Wildlife Management?
The NAM isn’t a law…it’s a theory. It has been a tremendous backbone for the fantastic run of wildlife success that we have been blessed with for almost a century. But there’s no law, policy nor regulation that can’t be changed, and public opinion can be swayed…and it’s easier when apathy rules the day.

I remember the Wisconsin boys coming out with their box of apples every year. Said they haven’t seen any thing like this happy to go hunting we don’t have this. Years later lots of years they started showing trail cam pictures of the bucks they were growing. Never once did we get an invite to hunt those giant bucks. I question why they even came to Montana to shoot the dinks they did. It was a vacation to them they didn’t care how the herd was doing, and they certainly weren’t going to reciprocate the access. They wanted to blast something.

I remember the Wisconsin boys coming out with their box of apples every year. Said they haven’t seen any thing like this happy to go hunting we don’t have this. Years later lots of years they started showing trail cam pictures of the bucks they were growing. Never once did we get an invite to hunt those giant bucks. I question why they even came to Montana to shoot the dinks they did. It was a vacation to them they didn’t care how the herd was doing, and they certainly weren’t going to reciprocate the access. They wanted to blast something.
Don't steretype. 😉 .

Ps- @DFS I think a lot more midwest guys would lend the invite out but with public being so minimal here they are often a guest at someone else's generosity and have to tip toe as to not lose the little access they cling to here. At least that is the case for me. I'm jealous of the large blocks of public you guys have. You have to majorly kiss ass to landowners here in hopes they're snot nose grandson doesn't give you the boot I wait for it every year.

Last edited:
The money part of hunting privilege really ticks me off. mtmuley

Well it’s going to tick you off more and more then. Because unless you have the right zip code you’re going to shut out. The same way you willing, and I totally respect that, to pay more for exclusivity in your state, there are 49 other states full of sportsman that will pay for opportunity they can’t get.

Nothing is going drive this model to increased monetization faster than shutting groups out

Yeah, you’re preaching to choir. I figured out long ago that the path to a lot of bowhunting wasn’t going to be traveled without making money.
I’m making a point. You are the one here with all the answers, and all the money. Pony up. Fix it. Otherwise, just go away. Do you have anything positive to say about western hunting?? If not, then step off. Wait for it all to be privatized, then you’ll have it all to yourself. I don’t have the answers, but you do nothing but complain and pick fights with stewards in their home states with boots on the ground. It gets old. If I was a Karen, I’d have already hit ignore and report but that’s not me. It has been drawn out in crayola over and over by those that are truly putting the work in. All I’m getting from your perspective is money talks. You’ll get your turn. Soon you’ll be the only one with a tag. Just be patient. Or….. step up to actually help the situation. Put your money where your mouth is

They certainly didn’t try to grow the herd size. Years ago they asked what happened to the better bucks, I told them to look in the mirror, haven’t seen them much since then. They are still around blasting dinks though. The advocates we have created aren’t the advocates we need for wilfdlife. They tend to advocate for their opportunities over herd health. And they brought in more hunters to blast more wildlife. We are a playground for grown men in eastern Montana at least. Doubt it’s that different any place else

They certainly didn’t try to grow the herd size. Years ago they asked what happened to the better bucks, I told them to look in the mirror, haven’t seen them much since then. They are still around blasting dinks though. The advocates we have created aren’t the advocates we need for wilfdlife. They tend to advocate for their opportunities over herd health. And they brought in more hunters to blast more wildlife. We are a playground for grown men in eastern Montana at least. Doubt it’s that different any place else
Yah I can totally see where your coming from there and would agree that is definitely the majority. "Adults playground" hits home with the out of towners that come down to Southern Illinois to deer hunt. Spend half the time at the bar the other half hungover flinging arrows and crippling deer and telling about it at the bar that night. Half of them dont even make it out of the bar or the camper i dont think. Pretty embarrassing when you think about it.

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't say it's slept on at all. Used to be way better before it got blown up years ago. Genetics are still here but the numbers aren't in some parts. Some parts numbers still are.
I dunno, I never really hear people talk about IL for whitetail. Always IA and WI. Maybe not slept on but written off easily, idk. Underrated at least.

Even the resident deer I caught on my ring camera were freaks.

Well it’s going to tick you off more and more then. Because unless you have the right zip code you’re going to shut out. The same way you willing, and I totally respect that, to pay more for exclusivity in your state, there are 49 other states full of sportsman that will pay for opportunity they can’t get.

Nothing is going drive this model to increased monetization faster than shutting groups out
I got the zip code. 90/10 all the way. mtmuley

I’m making a point. You are the one here with all the answers, and all the money. Pony up. Fix it. Otherwise, just go away. Do you have anything positive to say about western hunting?? If not, then step off. Wait for it all to be privatized, then you’ll have it all to yourself. I don’t have the answers, but you do nothing but complain and pick fights with stewards in their home states with boots on the ground. It gets old. If I was a Karen, I’d have already hit ignore and report but that’s not me. It has been drawn out in crayola over and over by those that are truly putting the work in. All I’m getting from your perspective is money talks. You’ll get your turn. Soon you’ll be the only one with a tag. Just be patient. Or….. step up to actually help the situation. Put your money where your mouth is

I have put my money where my mouth is numerous times. And I have yet to NR opportunity’s not get eroded. The answer is alway the same pay more for less chance at opportunities.
I am not the only person wisening up.
How about you put your money where your mouth is. Pick up the tab for the administration of public lands in your state, pay for fish and wildlife in proportion to your use as a resident….or maybe….like it’s been told to me on here numerous times “ If you don’t like it move “ ….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back