Screwing over the Non-resident (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we could hand pick which NRs drew tags here, you would be hunting WY anytime you wanted to.

Real easy to determine who appreciates the opportunity versus those that feel entitled to it.
Sadly, not to humble brag, but because of the way it’s set up, I do hunt WY anytime I want. Haha. Just like you’ve pointed out.

Started five years ago there, had at least one, and more than once two tags for elk each year. Successful 4 of the 5 and even had pronghorn tags almost all those years as well. I’m struggling to see the problem

Even a couple whitetail tags to boot

Any tag is a good tag , R or NR this Great Country was built on opportunities . Men and Women sacrificed their lives so we can have an Opportunity whether as a R or NR and we should be Grateful .
I'm pretty sure none of us served so some asshat from Minnesota could grab an Az OTC archery deer tag

I like the idea of a merit based system for NR tags. As a guide for 35 years, I sure wish I could choose who would shoot the bull of a lifetime and whose hunt consisted of nothing but bad weather and poor luck. Earning the opportunity to hunt is attractive. How to coordinate, implement and oversee such a program is almost impossible though. I also like the idea of one tag per hunter per season throughout the whole of elk hunting states. You live in a state with OTC tags, you don't hunt anywhere else. You draw a tag in one state, your other applications are canceled. It may not have a big impact but would go a bit to spread the enjoyment to more people. Harvesting a bull every couple of years is plenty so killing a bull would disqualify you from bull hunts anywhere the next year- shoot a cow if you need the meat. If you have the money to pay the very justified cost of a NR lic and tag, you could buy beef. If you are a resident, you can hunt every year for your meat but on;y hunt bulls after a year off from a bull kill. Earn a bull , kind of.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we could fix the NR point creep/over crowding in an instant if we made all NR apply in person at the agency headquarters.

We could meet them part way, and allow regional offices sell licenses...maybe not Regions 6 and 7.😉

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we could fix the NR point creep/over crowding in an instant if we made all NR apply in person at the agency headquarters.
So....lip balm and after shave for you two?
I wish we could hand pick which NRs drew tags here, you would be hunting WY anytime you wanted to.

Real easy to determine who appreciates the opportunity versus those that feel entitled to it.

Go back to paper applications, with fronted tag fees. I can send them in when I pay my property taxes.
That will be convenient!
After going through all 20 pages of this thread, so far, my takeaway is you are, by far, the whiniest individual I have seen on HuntTalk for years.

You make me want to go reread Bill Christy posts for fun. Change your circumstances in life or quit bitching.

Sad in every way and I hope your life improves.

After going through all 20 pages of this thread, so far, my takeaway is you are, by far, the whiniest individual I have seen on HuntTalk for years.

You make me want to go reread Bill Christy posts for fun. Change your circumstances in life or quit bitching.

WTF do you know about my life? You sound like a moron talking about someone you don’t even know.

Furthermore, if you think that our systems for NR access to hunting tag allocations haven’t not marginalized NR to the point where an entire industry is being built around commercializing wildlife your pretty well clueless. If that’s an idea to promote DIY public land hunting seems like it’s going about it ass backward. As all your doing is creating islands of hunters who only care about their own states because that’s all they will have access too.

Furthermore, if you think that our systems for NR access to hunting tag allocations haven’t not marginalized NR to the point where an entire industry is being built around commercializing wildlife your pretty well clueless. If that’s an idea to promote DIY public land hunting seems like it’s going about it ass backward. As all your doing is creating islands of hunters who only care about their own states because that’s all they will have access too.
Right because in Wyoming, your favorite state to complain about, we "only" allow NR's to get over 50% of pronghorn tags, apply for any leftovers for deer, elk and pronghorn, 13.5K elk tags, and quotas that exceed 20% in the general NR deer Regions. Full 16% of LQ elk, 20% of LQ deer and LQ pronghorn. Care to share with the group what states give out a higher percentage and total number of tags for LQ elk, deer, and pronghorn areas?

If that's not enough NR access to our wildlife, I would suggest looking elsewhere and find a better state to complain about...if only obviously.

Even with all that, we see about zero advocacy from NR's...how much access do you reckon it would take for NR's to start becoming more than license purchasers, whiners and complainers?

I guess I am clueless. 90/10. Every state, every species. Easy solution. There should be a significant benefit to being a resident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back