PEAX Equipment

Screwing over the Non-resident (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What outdoor activities besides hunting and fishing cost more for a NR?
Camping on state lands in Wyoming

Some of you guys need to stop whining about no NR opportunities. I can hunt elk in Wyoming as a NR every year if I want to. Is it going to be a bull, no, but it is elk hunting and they fill the freezer and taste the same.
I’d argue that it can be a bull every year. And I’m not talking about poor hunts or LO tags. Won’t be slam dunks but they’re very doable.

What are you talking about?
Should scour a few different hunting forums and guys ask what they need for a rifle to hunt out west. Consensus is usually a $3500 rifle and a $2000 scope that you can drive tent stakes with when you get to camp. And that is after the guy says he has his Dad's Ruger 308 with a 3x9 scope.

Good thing is, you can trap rats in the wilderness without a guide, so at least I don't have to listen to your bitching about that.

Who are you fooling. The only person you listen to is yourself reciting your lines while you look in the mirror.

Brag some more about all the tags you will get while you’re trying to take even more for yourself. It’s a good look as one HT likes to say

So can Wyoming residents. So why are they trying to take an increased share of the NR quota?
Because we want the same percentage of LQ tags that residents of other states get.

We want a higher percentage of LQ tags.

Because we have the right to decide what we think splits should be.

Should scour a few different hunting forums and guys ask what they need for a rifle to hunt out west. Consensus is usually a $3500 rifle and a $2000 scope that you can drive tent stakes with when you get to camp. And that is after the guy says he has his Dad's Ruger 308 with a 3x9 scope.

Buddy I don’t know shit from a horses ass about rifles and scopes. I don’t hunt with them.

If you need some help tuning bows and comparing Glass and gear hit me up. I will help out where I could.

Because we want the same percentage of LQ tags that residents of other states get.

We want a higher percentage of LQ tags.

Because we have the right to decide what we think splits should be.

Go for 100%.

Who are you fooling. The only person you listen to is yourself reciting your lines while you look in the mirror.

Brag some more about all the tags you will get while you’re trying to take even more for yourself. It’s a good look as one HT likes to say
Yeah, what resident of any state wouldn't want to hunt better tags more often?

That's a no brainer.

Yeah, what resident of any state wouldn't want to hunt better tags more often?

That's a no brainer.

Take them all. Set a new example for the other states to follow. If 90/10 is good then 100/0 is better.

I'm not certain what you mean with the last item, concerning energy development. Generally speaking, I'd like to see wildlife considered more importantly when making public land policies.

BLM under Biden has 22M public land acres identified for solar development, of which 700k would be permitted initially. 700k acres as a square is 33 miles long on each side. 700k acres is 0.4% of all BLM land in the lower 48.

I understand that Americans have something to gain with cheap renewable energy. It is also alarming how easy it is for public land access to vanish. A presidential administration can direct the BLM or the USFS to develop wild public lands, and there is nothing the citizens can do except vote out the administration in four years.

Let's hope your former hunting spot doesn't look like this someday.
1709439600223.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTP1029
Back