Caribou Gear Tarp

Scouting Pics

Summitthunting

Only had 24 hours for a scouting trip so far this year but it was well worth it. The plan was to drive 6 hours, sleep 6 hours, hike 6 hours, drive 6 hours. It was a lot of fun and I'm headed up three days before season starts to try and tie one to a tree. IF he was a symmetrical six point do you think he would go 350? I'll say 290 on the silhouetted bull I'm not much of a score guy so please educate me.

elk1.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

Good Luck although it doesn't appear that you'll be needing any luck.

Make sure and post some pics of that bruiser when hes on the ground!

I agree with Duck-Slayer. The freak bull is really cool looking. Forget the score. Like they say, nets are for fishing (speaking of net score vs gross score). Good luck.

It would be hard to pass him up but I know their are three bulls in the area that are larger than this one and they have both sides. I would be perfectly happy with this guy but this is probably my only chance to hunt this unit. Any idea on score?

I think you're close on the silhouetted bull. His 3rds are ridiculous, so he might make 300".

I think the good side of the bigger bull is closer to a 370" bull, but since I've never killed anything that big, take it with a grain of salt.

20"
17"
18"
21"
12"
50"
27" mass
40" inside spread
370" total

Hopefully some of the big bull slayers will weigh in.

We'll I'm leaving Denver in two hours, 12 days of elk hunting ahead. Heading up four days before season to scout. I'll try to post some pics if I can.

He is a trophy , if you think there are bigger bulls there then do what you feel is 'right' , i have passed up good elk and gone home with memories and I have shot cows so it just depends on how the hunt is going

good luck , I would shoot him

Wow! Looks like your scouting is paying off! A score? Oh heck - shooters all around... then again, I've not had an opportunity to scout out some massive bruisers with the anticipation of possibly taking one...

Cheer'in for ya! Best to you!

Back