MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Scoring Guessing Game 5

I'd say 84 gross. I can't tell the gross/net difference unless there's something really obvious. I'd say he's 15 3/4 tall, 6 on the prong, 6.5 and 7 on the bottom, and 6 3/4 on the top.

I'm not adding up measurements on this one, just going by my gut. That thing looks freaking huge. I'll guess 88 gross 87 2/8 net

Now that is the best "hedge of a guess" I think I have seen. Gotta love it. I guess that equates to 83 and 5.333333/8ths. If you win, I demand to see the score sheet. :D

So if I am the closest, which I doubt, you owe me Fin...LOL

After 15 guesses the averages are:

Score: 86
Length: 16 2/8
Prong: 6 4/8
Base: 6 4/8
1st: 7 2/8
2nd: 3 7/8
3rd: 2 6/8

The average score isn't even close on this one! The buck scores 92 B&C and 96 6/8 SCI! Unfortunately this is one of the score sheets I also seem to be missing. If I find it I'll post the numbers. The difference in SCI/B&C is that the buck gets 3 measurements below the prong for SCI.

I do remember that the prongs were close to 7 inches and the bases, believe it or not, were about 7 inches. So, just take the average guess and inflate everything by a half inch and it would be right on the money!

Looks like Muley Crazy was the closest on this one. Nice job.

If it makes you feel any better we didn't know the buck was quite that big either. This buck was taken during a year where every single buck we killed was WAY BIGGER than we were expecting! We took 6 bucks on this hunt (out of 7) that gross scored over 90-inches! It's never happened before and will probably never happen again and we definitely weren't expecting it when it did happen. Just one of those things. :)

But it also alludes to my previous statements - the biggest bucks don't always look as big as they are.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back