Scope for a Pre 64 M70 Featherweight .243

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

I am going to re-scope this rifle this winter and am trying to figure out what to put on it. I've been shopping around and have found a few Weaver K6s, as well as a Leupold M8 6x and some older Leupold 3-9 scopes. I'd like to do something that is relatively similar to the vintage of the rifle, but don't want to sacrifice a lot in optical quality in doing so.

Any recommendations?

If you are going to hunt it, get a modern scope, Leupold VX3 3.5x10. If it's just for looks, get the M8.

What brand of scope did it have on it? I just watched a show the other night that Leupold took a 40 year old scope and rebuilt it with CDS !

I put that M8 on it and call it a day. Looks retro enough and is a pretty darn good hunting scope.

Thanks for all of the input so far guys. The VX3 2.5-8 is very tempting. I could pick one up for three Benjamins right now with the rebate. However, with Christmas looming and Wyoming elk apps due not long after, I don't think it's in the immediate budget.

I put a M8 4x on my wife's 30-06 when I bought the gun 17 years ago. Great scope, I may shop around and try to find a 4x or 6x for the gun and call it.

jryoung,

Purple is blasphemy, even if the Apple Cup was an absolute disaster.:W:

I'll trade you the one I'm taking off my Kimber when the 4.5-14 arrives for coordinates to where you killed that bull this year.

Ha, I'd take you up on that in a heartbeat, but a friend showed me the spot so no dice:)

If you decide to sell that scope, let me know and I'll give it a good home.

Ha, I'd take you up on that in a heartbeat, but a friend showed me the spot so no dice:)

If you decide to sell that scope, let me know and I'll give it a good home.

You've got first dibs if I do. I'm thinking I might just buy a new rifle to put under it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Su Sal
Back