Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Scent lok opinions and experiment

Lawnboy

Just wondered what your honest opinion was on using any of the brands of Scent free clothing? Be honest as too whether you really think it works or not and which brand you have tried.

I've used the sprays and up until this week was never really sure they worked. My experiment was an old sippy cup of milk that got left in my truck over the 4th weekend. Talk about rank spoiled milk on my truck seat covers and seat belt. I tried washing them with a carpet cleaner with no luck. I next tried my scent killer spray. Hunter Specialties I believe was the product "Scent Away". Worked for maybe 15 minutes but still had faint rotten barf smell :mad:from the milk. I then tried a friends spray made by Primos. It says it has silver and will kill even the strongest smells like fox urine ect... Well I sprayed it with nothing to loose. It had the "earth smell" included. I couldn't believe that after a half hour I still couldn't smell anything. Even today 24 hours later I can't smell the sour milk. I was pretty impressed.

Anyway if this silver stuff really works as I witnessed, I was thinking of investing in some clothing with the silver stuff or carbon based on your guys suggestions.

Let me know your experiences.

Leave it to Greeny to try that experiment:eek: Although that was a pretty good test. My wife was gagging when I told her about it.

That suit he used was carbon. So I wonder if the Siver suits actually do work or maybe better than the carbon ones. I don't think I'll loan it Greenhorn though for another experiment.:D The spray I used had silver in it and I know it worked. Anyway thanks for the reply.

I have used scent loc and the scent blocker suits in the past. I think as long as you keep the suits activted and stored in a sealed container it may help a little. I personally quite using them because of the little bit of difference it may provide. It still comes down to having the wind correct before you hunt a spot.

I do believe that it will not eliminate your scent but I think it can reduce your scent to an animal. I have shot some does that came from downwind. They did smell me but it seemed like it was a faint scent and she didn't freak out.

As far as the silver scent spray eliminator I have not used it but would be interested if it make a difference. I believe the Sitka gear has the silver scent eliminator built in and I think that is used to prevent bacteria build up. Now this I do believe this, I know I have worn some of the next to skin clothes for long periods of time where normal clothing would have smelled terrible and the sitka clothing was still fairly fresh.

I wear two layers of ScentLok and know it works. Last winter had a yote circle downwind of me. Kept in the cover or moving to fast to get a sure shot on him. Once he got downwind then he came for the decoy BIG mistake pounded a 55gr pill right into his chest.

There was a guy on the outdoor channel last week using Scent Away, but I don't think he smelled like rotten milk or farted a lot. He called an elk bull in and at 15 yards it put its nose up to sniff. At 10 yards, the other side of a downwind bush, the guy shot it with his bow. Then, he got all excited and squirt some powder into the air. It went right to the bush that the elk walked behind to get shot after sniffing the air on the other side. That was what they showed, anyway.

I think the stuff helps, but is not 100%. Isn't Scent Lok being sued because they said 100%?

Our archery season in counties that I hunt is accorn season. I use accorn scent as an attractant also.
I had a raccoon come up the tripod after me one year after him and his buddy looked all around underneath me for accorns. He got two or three steps up the ladder before I leaned over and threatened him with an arrow.

I agree that there is no substitute for keeping the wind in your face. I just hate it when your moving in on a bull when all of a sudden the wind changes and in an instant your toast. Anyway I'm looking into the silver clothes as an option.

I can only give annecdotal evidence, but I know when I started wearing on first generation ScentBlocker suit, I started seeing alot more deer and spooked a whole lot fewer. This was for stand hunting whitetails in IN.

The Outdoor Channel will share volumes of scent lok technohawking with you every 3 minutes. I use the Cabela's knock-off base slayer anti microbial stuff...but the wind mostly.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back