Santorum to end hunting on Public Lands in Idaho

Come on, Jose. You aren't any better than Wayne LaPierre and his massive Obama administration conspiracy to erase the 2nd amendment. Who are you trying to drum up money for?

You must be crazy...only republicans use fear mongering to scare people into voting for them. Democrats would never say, for example, that republicans want old people to eat dog food because they can't afford real food, or that they want women dying in the streets because they can't get an abortion....:D

We're
14 trillion in govt debt and 43 trillion in consumer debt.

because people get all wrapped up in the trivial issues like

It's ok to kill the unborn, promote gay sex, tax us greatly, give to others that don't work. But be sure to save the wolf and desert tortoise.

Let me be me and do no harm to others, DC should protect our lands, people and environment while providing an infastruture for growth and prosperity for all.

Don't give your money to Western Watersheds Project. They are bad news! They are behind a huge anti-logging, anti-grazing, and anti-exploration push that will ultimately harm those industries. I'm not so concerned about gas and oil exploration but those other two are the lifeblood of the western states. Marvel and company need to backoff. They tie public land agencies hands with litigation thus preventing change and potential improvement from occurring.

Tonight I will attend yet another public meeting. One in which, hopefully, one of the outcomes is to work towards providing more access and opportunity to Montana's outdoor resources for the average non-commercial public citizen user. This IS all about public resources on public land for the public citizen. There are resources available to those who want to understand this not Liberal nor Conservative very American Doctrine. Those of you who are not completely politically brain washed (and/or brain dead) might read it up on it someday. I've been blessed to spend most of the last fifty years enjoying the fruits of the labors of those who came before me, who actively worked to preserve the North American Model of Conservation. I know others on this sight actively fight these battles, you guys are the front lines. Those that don't get actively involved but are willing to whine on websites like this and/or enjoy the fruits of the real sportsmen/conservationists labors - are at best sorry cases, at worst- parasites.
I have no offspring and have had many years to selfishly enjoy my outdoor way of life.
Like, Jose, I choose to actively work to give others the same opportunities and pass these onto future generations.

Don't give your money to Western Watersheds Project. They are bad news! They are behind a huge anti-logging, anti-grazing, and anti-exploration push that will ultimately harm those industries. I'm not so concerned about gas and oil exploration but those other two are the lifeblood of the western states. Marvel and company need to backoff. They tie public land agencies hands with litigation thus preventing change and potential improvement from occurring.

WWP has probably done more to improve the quality of My Public Lands than any other group of individuals in Idaho, and the rest of the west. If you think Welfare Ranchers are looking out for the best of interest of hunters, you are sadly naive.

And, to win in "litigation", you have to have the LAW on your side. We are a nation of laws, and to hold Public Land managers accountable to the LAW and not to fat-cat, cigar smoking industry lobbyists is definitely in the best interest of hunters.

Do you honestly believe people who pay less to graze a cow+Calf than I pay to feed a cat each month are the best stewards for hunters and deer and elk herds?

You would prefer to see Santorum sell our forests to Timber Companies to manage for the benefit of hunters??? LMAO. :D

Much bigger issues in life than hunting. I enjoy elk hunting and running dogs, but life in America is about to dramatically change. We have 14 trillion in govt debt and 43 trillion in consumer debt. Foreign nations own us. Why do you think America is not mentioned in the Bible? It's ok to kill the unborn, promote gay sex, tax us greatly, give to others that don't work. But be sure to save the wolf and desert tortoise.

Holy shit!!!

I am always amazed to be slapped back to reality that there are people stupid enough to actually believe the nonsense on Fox News and Rush.

I am certain that 2012 election is "the most important election in our times", just like the 2008 one was, according to John McCain, and the 2004 one was according to Dubya....

life in America is about to dramatically change.

Yeah, you go ahead and vote for Sanotrum or Romney, and life WILL change as you will have September thru January to spend more time watching Hannity because you won't have anywhere to go elk hunting.

Tonight I will attend yet another public meeting. One in which, hopefully, one of the outcomes is to work towards providing more access and opportunity to Montana's outdoor resources for the average non-commercial public citizen user. This IS all about public resources on public land for the public citizen. There are resources available to those who want to understand this not Liberal nor Conservative very American Doctrine. Those of you who are not completely politically brain washed (and/or brain dead) might read it up on it someday. I've been blessed to spend most of the last fifty years enjoying the fruits of the labors of those who came before me, who actively worked to preserve the North American Model of Conservation. I know others on this sight actively fight these battles, you guys are the front lines. Those that don't get actively involved but are willing to whine on websites like this and/or enjoy the fruits of the real sportsmen/conservationists labors - are at best sorry cases, at worst- parasites.
I have no offspring and have had many years to selfishly enjoy my outdoor way of life.
Like, Jose, I choose to actively work to give others the same opportunities and pass these onto future generations.

Thanks for fighting, and, it kills me to see hunters actively supporting people who want to end hunting on public lands.

I can tell you, to me, it doesn't matter if it is an R or a D in the White House, there are battles to be fought continually to protect our Public Lands. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

I don't read anywhere in the article where Santorum is anti hunting. I read that he doesn't thing the Federal Government should be in the land owning business and that States and the private sector should be. Whether it's the the Boise National Forest or the Boise State Forest, it's still public land.

Don't construe this to mean I back Santorum or Romney's position on western public lands. In fact I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you to fight for the continued existence of our public lands. I'm just disappointed with the way you're framing the speech.

You would be surprised to find that most state lands are not considered to be public lands. We are lucky here in Idaho to have almost unrestricted access to our state lands, but pushes have been made in the past to severly limit public access.

You would be surprised to find that most state lands are not considered to be public lands. We are lucky here in Idaho to have almost unrestricted access to our state lands, but pushes have been made in the past to severly limit public access.

I wonder if camping on state land is still outlawed in WY?

I wonder if camping on state land is still outlawed in WY?
Everything on state land in Colorado is outlawed, unless you have a lease. Now some state lands are open to hunting, but only because Colorado Parks and Wildlife leases the hunting rights with sportsmen's dollars!!:W:

Everything on state land in Colorado is outlawed, unless you have a lease. Now some state lands are open to hunting, but only because Colorado Parks and Wildlife leases the hunting rights with sportsmen's dollars!!:W:

CPW has to lease the land? From whom? That's friggin crazy

CPW has to lease the land? From whom? That's friggin crazy

From the State Land Board. And CPW doesn't get everything they want. Because some ranchers who lease the lands for grazing are charging trespass fees to hunters on state lands. And those ranchers are connected.

State Trust Lands in Colorado currently total nearly 3 million surface acres. The federal government endowed the lands to Colorado in 1876, the year the Centennial State officially joined the union.​

The Public Access Program is a lease arrangement between the Division of Wildlife and the State Land Board which began in 1993. The Public Access Program allows public access to specific State Trust Lands and has opened up to the public over half a million acres of lands which had no public access previously. Most recently, the State Land Board and the DOW entered a 7 year lease in 2006 to allow public use of approximately 550,000 acres of State Trust Lands with wildlife values for wildlife-related recreation.​

Through this lease agreement, these lands are available to the public for a specified time during the year for hunting, fishing and other wildlife-related activities. The State Trust Lands leased for this program are not open year-round because they are also leased to other users during the year. The lands may have several lease activities occurring on them during the year which includes farming, livestock grazing, mining and logging.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/LandWater/StateTrustLands/Pages/stl_info.aspx

Sorry guys, I'm just clinging to my guns and bible. I'm just your typical racists white person.

"Foreign nations own us."

That is a foreigh debt myth perpetuated by isolationists and others. Most of our debt is owed to our government (us) which leads to a huge obligation passed on to next generations.

The debt is a critical concern that needs immediate attention, but to think that selling off public national forest and BLM land to help with the debt is naiively crazy and would not make a dent. Furthemore, just consider what adverse impacts that would have on wildlife habitat, fisheries, sources of clean water, clean air, and other important natural concerns. But the immediate in-your-face / up-your-arse impact to you and me and hundreds of thousands of other public land hunters is unacceptable!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back