Sanora Mexico (NEED INFO)

IdahoBugler said:
AZ402,

To late on the buddies deal. I spoke first :). But I'm guessing I'd be in the same boat as Moosie but I've been able to pull off some crazy things lately. We will just have to see.

Bastage...........

Moosie said:
Mt Miller, It's not 10k I'm paying.... Not even close. But I'll probably still end up with a 150"er.... :(

Well then, sounds like a good deal, I will guess 6K. If that is the case, knowing you, I would think you would rather go on another "hunt" that would be more rewarding to "you".

Nothing wrong with this hunt and I will be jealous, but I just think you would get more memories from a $6K DIY. If you do go, please continue the picture hunt, as it is always great entertainment.

If you do go, I have the first week of Jan. off, so let the wifey know.;) :D

Don't you know you can't date a super mode if you are busy swatting fat girls on the rump!
Ron

Moosie said:
Mt Miller, It's not 10k I'm paying.... Not even close. But I'll probably still end up with a 150"er.... :(

Still High MTMiller.... But thats all I'm saying. I've done several DYI hunts. MAtter of fact, Prolly about a Million of them. Wifes Reminding me about all of them Tonight every time I bring up Mexico ;)

I would be Guided by a guy that has never been to the area. Hows that for Professional help :p That being said, I know him well and would love hunting with him. I'd look at it like this year when I went to Utah and hunted with Browtine. He wasn't an Outfitter or guide by any means but more like a friend going hunting with me. Matt would be the same thing.

Idaho Ron, You sound like Fugging Mr Miagi ....GESH !!!! ;) (POINT TAKEN :eek: )

Go,Go,Go---drop one of your other planned hunts for the upcoming year--or at least tell her that now and then beg for it later--

HAHA... You think this is the First trip I've negotiated with her ? I always do that......

Problem is, It's not the first trip I negotiated with her... I always do that .... :p

LMAO...everyone is trying to fall in line on the hunt if the Mooseman bails and miller is lining up on the Mrs if he goes...damn I like it when a man has his priorities straight :D :D

if you dont go, you might think of selling this hunt.......(PM sent).

Moosie,

I may be the only one saying this... but don't push the envelope to hard man. There is always next year...

You have a cool wife but my gawd, three different states.... a week or so in AK (twice) and now Mexico? My gAWD!
(Can I take your place;))

Moosie....I'd be careful going down there and hunting with a guy that has never guided in that area. Even if it's a good deal, and your buddies with the guy, I'm sure it won't be your last chance to go down there.

Don't get me wrong, I'd give my left nut to go down there, but not with out looking into it and doing a little homework. Could be the difference between having a hunt of a lifetime or a living nightmare. Just a thought bud.

BTW....there's a coupla' really good write ups about Sonora in the latest Dec./Jan. Eastmans' by Drummond (aka Huntsonora). Pretty interesting stuff. Good luck!

Hey Moosie and IDB,

Don't forget who got you that sweet hook-up for Sitka blacktails...I think sending this Sonora mule deer hunt my way would be a fair trade... :)

Corey

So how's the negotiating working out for you Moosie? For an extra grand, you probably could bring home a high scoring "trophy" wife from down there as well!

Point of Information: If you go the trophy wife route no need to boil the skull and salt the hide before bringing it across the border.

BHR, Moosie can't come to the computer right now, he's doing the dishes! John
LMAO
moosie, dont forget the vacum and the dusting.....and maybe throw in a foot rub just to seal the deal.

Well..... After Doing the Dishes and Vaccuming and Laundry and everything else, I still didn't get the OK from Mrs Moosie.

...It didn't really happen likle that but We'll stick with that story. Bottom line is Moosie's not able to do Mexico unfortunately.

Thanx for the Info and help and such. You guys are truely the best when it comes to Info. Every day I need to clean out PM's so others don't get blocked so I can RTead all your good info and help.

Merry Christmas to everyone !!!

that sucks Moosie. well, you can hope that Santa will leave the Okee-doke under the tree for ya as a gift....if not,
sure would make a fine christmas gift for someone......maybe one of your 1st people to post here or something........ :D

Merry Christmas to you and the Family.

Good decision, I think, although a friend just went and came back ok. The leases down there will be real cheap, he was told, next year after these type events, another released, after only 3 weeks of captivity. A lot are packing up and leaving leases down there, I guess.

"The status of the fifth victim remains unclear."

Laredo kidnapping victim is released

Web Posted: 12/18/2006 04:04 PM CST

Mariano Castillo
Express-News Border Bureau

LAREDO – Librado Piña Jr., the prominent Laredo customs broker kidnapped from his ranch in Mexico more than three weeks ago, was released by his captors around midnight this morning near Monterrey, Mexico, a source close to the case said.

Family members returned Piña, 49, to Laredo at around 8 a.m. this morning, the source said.

Piña was treated at a Laredo hospital and released.

Officials declined to comment immediately and said a statement is forthcoming. Family members did not immediately return phone calls to elaborate on Monday’s action.

Five people were kidnapped from Piña’s La Barranca ranch on Nov. 26 during a hunting trip. Reports were that masked gunmen robbed the place and kidnapped Piña, his son, a ranch cook and two hunters.

The two hunters – one Mexican and one U.S. citizen – were released Nov. 29.

Piña’s son, 25-year-old Librado Piña III, was released Friday at the foot of one of the international bridges in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

The status of the fifth victim, cook Marcos Cantu, remained unclear.

Here's my friends hunt report. He just got back and had a great time, but read this report!!
Its good to be back in the good ol USA. The party I went with said the last hunt they saw soilders posted along the roadway with machine guns. Could you imagine this country posting soilders along the roads to control violence.
We were told that the ranch owners son had been abducted a couple months ago. He was being held for five hundred thousand dollars for his safe return. The ranch owner supposedly liquidated a herd of quarter horses and a ranch near Monterey to free his son. The way it happened was a police officer stopped the son and handcuffed him to go to jail. Instead the officer took him to the kidnappers. He was stripped down to his underwear and held with five other people that had been abducted. He spent five days handcuffed and blind folded in a room with the temperture around fifty degrees before being released.
The party I went with said they won't be going back next year. I'm sure the more we hear of these kind of abductions more people will think twice about crossing the border. I won't be going back anytime soon.

He said they got a 10 point and a 12 point, but he said he's not going back anytime soon, you can see why from the above report.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back