Sanora Mexico (NEED INFO)

Moosie

Grand poopa
Rumor has it the Deer hunting isn't all that bad there..... ;)

I just got offered a deal if I could go to Mexico on the 2nd of JAN '07 to hunt for 6 days for deer on a ranch place down there.

I need to figure out cost and Logistics of the thing.

1.Would it be Dumb to Take my Truck and Drive the Whole way ?

2. I'm trying to Fly directly into Sonora but don't know yet if anything is available.

3.If I fly to Tuscon AZ, Is there anyoen I could Bribe to Drive me over the Boarder ? and what would that take ? I would also ned to get picked up.

Is it even worth gonig to Mexico for a Mule deer ?!?!?

Also, How do I convince the Wife that I need to go.... She told Me not only NO.. but "HECK" no... And those are strong words for her :p

Dear ABBY.... ;)

Moosie said:
3.If I fly to Tuscon AZ, Is there anyoen I could Bribe to Drive me over the Boarder ? and what would that take ? I would also ned to get picked up.

I have a cousin who just happens to be in that business....... ;)

1.Would it be Dumb to Take my Truck and Drive the Whole way ?
Yes it would!.. Mexico is a very "dangerous" place these days

Also, How do I convince the Wife that I need to go.... She told Me not only NO.. but "HECK" no... And those are strong words for her.. YOUR wife is a "Very Smart Lady" hump hump hump

Get a guide, I think you are better off hunting anywhere in Canada,US.. but yes there is good hunting down there... compare the costs to other hunts in ... more secure places

Oscar, I presume you are hunting with an outfitter down there. It's better for you if they arrange everything and you fly into Guaymas or somewhere down in SONORA. That way, the outfitter arranges for the paperwork to get your gun in and out of Mexico. Driving would be really dumb not to mention impossible to get your weapon out of Mexico. Be sure all of your ammunition is in factory boxes and clearly marked with your name on the inside flap of the box. Not required but a good idea anyway.

:cool:

Geez a big Idaho hunter like should be able to kill a real nice buck right there in your own backyard if ya would quit shooting forked horns;) :D ;) Have seen some real bruisers from south of the border though. Never hunted there but did do some drinking and fishing back in the day. Man just thinking about it gives me a headache:eek:

PM box cleared (A couple open at least ;) )

The skinny on it is I will have a Guide. I might fly into Sonora (HMO in Hermosilla ? ) but I didn't know if I could yet. A guy from here went with the same outfitter last year and Picked up a 227" buck. I'm not looking for nothing over 200 by any means but it would be nice :)

The guide will be from Bellvue Idaho and I know him well. He's driving down on Dec 28th. Problem is I'll be the First of 3 guys he's guiding. The hunt is a $10,000 hunt that I'll be picking up for.....well, alot less !!

I'll also be borrowing a Gun thats already down there (The Bellvue guides gun).

By all means, get down there. Sounds like you will have a guide to keep you from shooting forkies and hell, for $10k you may be able to buy a 150"+ buck.:D

Good luck moosie. I will be heading down there the day after x-mas to chase coues deer for a week. I have alot of friends and family that deer hunt down there every year and they have had very few issues to deal with. You can't bring your hide back unless its frozen and you have to boil the skull cap on your horns before you bring them across the border. There are some real donkey muleys down there so you should have a good chance at killing a buck over 200"

Mt Miller, It's not 10k I'm paying.... Not even close. But I'll probably still end up with a 150"er.... :(

I'd clarify with said guide about the definition of being a "mule". That's just me.

If Vic continues with the no answer, you can always pull trump card and threaten to withhold sex.

I'd go if at all possible.

AZ402, How much to have you help Guide for the week ? :D :D

REALITY is, I will get the Kybosh on my Deam. I would hate to push the limits with my wife so we'll see what the Scoop is tonight. Would be a good hunt though.........

Alright moosie heres the plan, "WE" will drive there. I will drive the whole way day and night, you can just sit shotgun drinking milkshakes. The only part I want out of this is we have to smuggle a couple mexicans back across teh border. Its real simple, PM me and i'll tell you the details. The price we will get for them will pay for your hunt. Also on the way back we need to stop by cjcj's place, i need a part off one of those cars rusting in his yard.

DEAL or NO DEAL?

EL

Moosie said:
AZ402, How much to have you help Guide for the week ? :D
Pretty sure if they are taking 200+ inch bucks you'll be in good hands. Also you may have to shoot something better than 150, unless it's a cull buck. I'd say beg and plead with the wife, or tell your buddy about a guy in AZ who'll take your deal:D :D

Go,Go,Go---drop one of your other planned hunts for the upcoming year--or at least tell her that now and then beg for it later--tell her you will take her on a trip to Elko or Winnemucca --that ought to do it--goodl luck(maybe Hawaii would be a better idea).....chris

AZ402,

To late on the buddies deal. I spoke first :). But I'm guessing I'd be in the same boat as Moosie but I've been able to pull off some crazy things lately. We will just have to see.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back