Russel Outdoors Clothing

You mean the fact that they are getting out of the outdoor clothing business? Better buy it now, if you want it. They are officially gone from the outdoor clothing world.

It's pretty good stuff. I've got some Sitka, Kuiu, Core4 and Russell to compare. The Russell might not be quite as good as the others but it's 85 or 90 percent as good for less than half the price.

Sounds like it might get even cheaper if they are getting out of outdoor clothing.

It's good enough for me. Might not be as nice or light (or expensive) as many others but I have nothing but good things to say about the stuff. Compared to my wranglers and hooded sweatshirts it works great. Im 6-2 and it fits me really well also.

I've also had good luck with the Core 4 stuff.

If you are hardcore or rich you might want the Sitka or Kuiu.

Same could be said of backpacks. Many on here call Badlands and Eberlestock trash and swear by Mystery Ranch but for the average, non hardcore, hunter they work just fine.

You will find that on this site products that are made in Montana have much better reviews than products made elsewhere.

You mean the fact that they are getting out of the outdoor clothing business? Better buy it now, if you want it. They are officially gone from the outdoor clothing world.

I'm hearing there are more fairly large names on the cusp that have been losing their tail

I just got a few apx layers. Odd thing though is that their sizing varies between layers. On some layers I'm a medium and some I'm a large(the mediums on the layers I need a large are way to small). At first I thought it was due to the outer layers needing to be bigger but the L5 layer I use a medium, so if you have a local store to try some on I'd do that first if you're planning on ordering online just to save the hassle of sending it all back and having them send you the correct size. Other than the sizing I like it a lot though.

I have some and sitka.While the russel stuff is OK,it doesn't compare to my sitka stuff.if youhave the extra$$ buy sitka.Alot of places have sales on it now or buy a used set from archery talk,sitka that is.To me, the fit just isn't as nice,and hunting out west, I need to cover ground so the fit is important.i mostly use my Russell for local hunting here for deer/turkey

I've got a lightweight jacket (Zeypher) from them, works great for the price. Have not used any of their pants. The fit is a tad looser and longer than my Sitka 90%

Just bought 6 pieces online at Cabelas for better than have off in mossyoak brush. Going out of business or not it was too good a deal and seems quality stuff.

we carry this brand at the local Big R store. . .it seems to be ok . .little heavier material. . .but it works I'm sure. Maybe I better get over there and check for sales if they are going out of business!! :)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back