Rural New Home Build—School Me Up

Blinds. Most of the homes we do they are hidden in the wall and move in the window trim. Awesome look. Tough to pull off sometimes. mtmuley
Window coverings...I always operated on the cost to be approx. 1% of total cost of home. No idea how that applies to the trophy homes you work on.

Place looks very nice, if you are still speaking to the wife its all good. Couple times Ive had to mansplain it to mine... "you have one job here princess, learn to like what I build for us".

Just got done with one for us (done with the shell anyway) two years into it so far but damn setting 35+ tree stands and cutting shooting lanes for all can really interfere with structural framing jobs.

Lived in a wall tent since last halloween but that first rain on a steel roof is somewhat priceless, unlike that first glass of water from a 540' well, that has a price and its damn painful. (after the first one they do get reasonable). Roasted out for now but next archery season will be interior framing, external plumbing, tile, all the stuff that is way more fun than say 55 yards of solo (one dog, for help) flatwork. Or hauling and grading 900 tons of AB-3 crushed limestone. Even with sitting am/pm up in a tree that got a bit boring. But when the sun goes down and there is nothing heard but hoot owls and coyotes??? heaven.

Blinds. Most of the homes we do they are hidden in the wall and move in the window trim. Awesome look. Tough to pull off sometimes. mtmuley

You’re triggering a mild case of PTSD in me. Somehow designers don’t seem to understand compatibility issues with framing, style of windows and the look they are trying to pull off.

“But, it wasn’t hard to draw it with that feature….”🤯

Place looks very nice, if you are still speaking to the wife its all good. Couple times Ive had to mansplain it to mine... "you have one job here princess, learn to like what I build for us".

Just got done with one for us (done with the shell anyway) two years into it so far but damn setting 35+ tree stands and cutting shooting lanes for all can really interfere with structural framing jobs.

Lived in a wall tent since last halloween but that first rain on a steel roof is somewhat priceless, unlike that first glass of water from a 540' well, that has a price and its damn painful. (after the first one they do get reasonable). Roasted out for now but next archery season will be interior framing, external plumbing, tile, all the stuff that is way more fun than say 55 yards of solo (one dog, for help) flatwork. Or hauling and grading 900 tons of AB-3 crushed limestone. Even with sitting am/pm up in a tree that got a bit boring. But when the sun goes down and there is nothing heard but hoot owls and coyotes??? heaven.
Your wife lived with you in a wall tent since last Halloween?!

1688957931942.gif

Enjoy the hell out of your new place. You’ve got a lot of impressive heads to move. Just amazed you didn’t get murdered.

Last edited:
Your wife lived with you in a wall tent since last Halloween?!

View attachment 283468

Enjoy the hell out of your new place. You’ve got a lot of impressive heads to move. Just amazed you didn’t get murdered.
The Princess aint living in no tent with a one-holer dug into the fencerow down yonder... She can hang the royal sceptre inside of a couple of castles with her choice of moats, drawbridges, and possibly court jesters (who truly knows?). This also adds to the 'heavenly" nature of the job site living I mentioned.

Murdered?? Only if looks could kill, she can't hit shit. Did come close when she visited during rifle deer season and "helped" grade rock for slab prep. Lucky for me that garden rake had an empty chamber and a missing magazine, because "intent" was plainly visible on her countenance.

You should be a fly on the wall when I make her read a tape.

I don't look forward to it but Ive got to pour another 12-14 yards on my sittin porch, that limestone cuts my bare feet while watching the deer eat my garden.tempImageCYYwqe.jpg

@warmer

View attachment 283564

View attachment 283565

View attachment 283566

View attachment 283567

But if any of those are sub-par, I don’t want to know. We get certificate of occupancy today.
Absolutely no critisim.
@warmer

View attachment 283564

View attachment 283565

View attachment 283566

View attachment 283567

But if any of those are sub-par, I don’t want to know. We get certificate of occupancy today.
no critism. Just like to see how other guys do their work. Enjoy your beautiful home!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back