Rural New Home Build—School Me Up

Nice to wrap up a house build
It's a process.
My current house took me a year ...double shifting...keep making money in construction but also keep the new home on schedule. Think I took off a total of ten days that year. Pretty good burn out.
Then there is landscaping😬
Enjoy the new home. Like the open concept.
I hear you. Worked 40 hours plus at my job and built my 3600 Sq foot home at the same time. A lot of really long days and late nights. Never again. mtmuley

I hear you. Worked 40 hours plus at my job and built my 3600 Sq foot home at the same time. A lot of really long days and late nights. Never again. mtmuley
I would love to build one more, but only if I don't have to do the other hustle.
......and pay out of pocket, no bank involved to hassle with paperwork.
Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon.

I would love to build one more, but only if I don't have to do the other hustle.
......and pay out of pocket, no bank involved to hassle with paperwork.
Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon.
Out of pocket I would consider it. In the current Montana climate not an option. I best get the one I have paid for and stay put. mtmuley

Nice to wrap up a house build
It's a process.
My current house took me a year ...double shifting...keep making money in construction but also keep the new home on schedule. Think I took off a total of ten days that year. Pretty good burn out.
Enjoy the new home. Like the open concept.

Two years of living in our new home, the back deck is finally getting installed, landscaping is almost complete. Just have to finish up some trim inside and Sheetrock the garage…

Burn out is real. It took me about eight months after we moved in before I even wanted to do another project around the house .

Yeah. That is next. I’m going to try and give myself permission to make that a work in progress. Worked as a landscaper at a university in my early 20s so at least I can do most of it myself. Or, at least think I can do most of it myself. Probably blow out our plumbing or something…

I think it’s extra cool that you (and other guys on here) live in a house that you built yourself.

Not huge, but twice the size of our last place, and enough.
That's pretty big I think we're right at 2300 sq ft. No matter how big you fill it up though. When looking at houses the wife had a minimum of 1700 sq ft. I kept reminding her my grandma raised like 9 kids in a 1100 sq ft house. It always goes over so well when I compare her to either my mom or grandma. 🙄

Yeah. That is next. I’m going to try and give myself permission to make that a work in progress. Worked as a landscaper at a university in my early 20s so at least I can do most of it myself. Or, at least think I can do most of it myself. Probably blow out our plumbing or something…

I think it’s extra cool that you (and other guys on here) live in a house that you built yourself.

Never underestimate what can be accomplished with some initiative, hard work and weekend life being largely consumed by, “We really need to get this place finished…”IMG_0698.jpegIMG_0697.jpegIMG_0696.jpegIMG_0699.jpegIMG_0695.jpegIMG_0694.jpegIMG_0701.jpegIMG_0692.jpeg

I about blew a gasket hanging blinds at the end. No emojis fit.
After the fact tasks...back deck, Murphy bed, custom interior barn door slider.
8 years later I'm thinking of repainting interior trim, patching random chit.
Ahhhh. Murphy bed. Been there too. mtmuley

Reactions: Hem
This view out our windows north/south is a big part of what makes ours worth it. I would have loved to build a house similar to yours, (it is awesome)View attachment 283336View attachment 283337) but I figured we are old enough this one will out last us :). So I'm putting my efforts into finishing the shop and all the work around the house and shop :)
I bet your kids are loving it! I know the Grand kids love ours.
That's my home town area, I can tell by the views...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back