Caribou Gear Tarp

Rural New Home Build—School Me Up

Well, nearly three years later it’s time to update this thread. I took a lot your advice and appreciated all of it.

This past year and a half have hands-down been the most stressful of my life. I’ll spare you all the details, but keeping a hand on all the moving parts while being parents, selling our old house, getting new jobs, making right on the jobs we had, and staying tight as partners nearly wore my wife and I down to nubs. But here we are, in a place we love, a place I’m truly excited for our kids to grow up in. It’s going to take a while for the cortisol to wear off, but I think it’s going to be worth it. Get to finally move in on Tuesday.

View attachment 283274

View attachment 283275

View attachment 283276
Very cool, Congrats!
We have been on a 5 year process of buying land and putting a shop and house on it. I can say I'm sure glad we are getting close.

Good luck! @Gerald Martin was 100% right—all of it takes longer and costs more than expected. Hope you get to move in soon.
Thank you!
We actually moved in in December, but I am still working on a lot of things that weren't really finished. We went with a manufactured home since I was getting burnt out on partially building the shop and all the water, power, septic, clearing, road work and the excavation/concrete for the foundation. I wish I would have did a thread on the whole process.
We are glad to be out of the 5th wheel for sure :)

This view out our windows north/south is a big part of what makes ours worth it. I would have loved to build a house similar to yours, (it is awesome)20230709_101406.jpg20230709_101309.jpg) but I figured we are old enough this one will out last us :). So I'm putting my efforts into finishing the shop and all the work around the house and shop :)
I bet your kids are loving it! I know the Grand kids love ours.

This view out our windows north/south is a big part of what makes ours worth it. I would have loved to build a house similar to yours, (it is awesome)View attachment 283336View attachment 283337) but I figured we are old enough this one will out last us :). So I'm putting my efforts into finishing the shop and all the work around the house and shop :)
I bet your kids are loving it! I know the Grand kids love ours.
Now that is a view!

Nice to wrap up a house build
It's a process.
My current house took me a year ...double shifting...keep making money in construction but also keep the new home on schedule. Think I took off a total of ten days that year. Pretty good burn out.
Then there is landscaping😬
Enjoy the new home. Like the open concept.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back