Rules of posting reminder. Please read!

schmalts

Guys, please remember that the rules state that you cannot post links to other websites that sell products. Per BIG FIN :
"Guys - I apologize in advance for this change, but I am to the point where I really have little choice.

From now, on, web links, URLs, and other advertising links/posts will not be allowed in your signature lines or in the forum threads. If you care to do this, you must contact me or Mrs. Fin in advance ([email protected])."

I have deleted or edited at least a dozen posts today. Please respect this. For example, If you want to try and convince me Vortex is better than Leupold (you won't though) feel free to do so but do not post links to a web store, Amazon, or other third party sight selling these products.
Thanks, Pat

Last edited:
Question, is this in regard to optics or to anything? Say someone wants to know what the best backpacking pillow, am I allowed to link to SeatoSummits website of the product? Or what about if someone sees a killer deal on a Mystery Ranch Metcalf, are we not supposed to share the link to it?

Last edited:
@schmalts might be a big fin question and dovetailing with neffa3, for products that are sponsors what is the best way to drive traffic to those products i.e. is it problematic to link to a sale on scheels for a leupold scope? or should any links just be to the manufactures website and for sales we should just PM?

Question, is this in regard to optics or to anything? Say someone wants to know what the best backpacking pillow, am I allowed to link to SeatoSummits website of the product? Or what about if someone sees a killer deal on a Mystery Ranch Metcalf, are we not supposed to share the link to it?

These issues are pertinent to groups trying to profit from this platform without contributing to the costs it takes to keep this site afloat.

At least twice a day we get someone posting links to their online store, their YouTube channel, there website, or elsewhere that benefits them financially. Their account gets toasted when we get notified of their activities.

I want information shared by members here without the hassle that comes with people,/companies polluting the threads in a for-profit manner that is a waste of all your time.

If you are sharing information with members and it is not a for-profit effort or overt advertisement of a company, odds are your post will be just fine.

@schmalts might be a big fin question and dovetailing with neffa3, for products that are sponsors what is the best way to drive traffic to those products i.e. is it problematic to link to a sale on scheels for a leupold scope? or should any links just be to the manufactures website and for sales we should just PM?
I think Randy cleared it up. It's my intention to steer people to the great products that keep this site going. With optics, Leupold is hard to beat. There are a couple reasons I request members to PM me for prices, but the biggest reason is so they become a member to be able to get a price. I get a lot of first time posters who join this site because they had a buddy tell them they can get a great price on a Leupold item by joining and PM'ing me. It's just a good way for me to steer them towards Leupold over other brands whenever possible. Sometimes they are already set on a brand, but a lot of times I can put them into Leupold at a great price.

I have 3 pairs now, your're gonna be sorry you asked for Costco pant ass pics. Dead Sexy.

AND I promise, I will always be Squirrels Super Secret Man Crush, just PM him and ask, he won't lie.

What’s the name of this business you run @schmalts. Say for instance if I wanted to steer someone towards you or buy something. I see you talking a lot about optics on here and I know you sell them. Is there a storefront, a website, or is it an online only thing through p.m.ing you. If you run a big business that I don’t know about there is no disrespect intended by not knowing who you are. I just catch bits and pieces of the optics business that goes on here on this site and am trying to figure out what exactly is going on.

What’s the name of this business you run @schmalts. Say for instance if I wanted to steer someone towards you or buy something. I see you talking a lot about optics on here and I know you sell them. Is there a storefront, a website, or is it an online only thing through p.m.ing you. If you run a big business that I don’t know about there is no disrespect intended by not knowing who you are. I just catch bits and pieces of the optics business that goes on here on this site and am trying to figure out what exactly is going on.
I run predator optics. Online only sales. My main product line is Leupold but I do sell other brands. They can contact me here by PM or look up predator optics on the web or facebook and get a hold of me. I moderate the optics forum here as well.

I run predator optics. Online only sales. My main product line is Leupold but I do sell other brands. They can contact me here by PM or look up predator optics on the web or facebook and get a hold of me. I moderate the optics forum here as well.
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate what you guys do on this forum.

Bump.... it's starting again. Again, feel free to post your opinions of products all you want but please don't post links to other web stores, forums, and auction sites without prior approval. And I really don't care if you post your negative comments towards companies that may be sponsors here but be tactful to keep in mind who and what makes this forum possible. Post all the opinions you want, but don't post links to other forums or web stores selling those brands. I am the least tactful person on the planet but I am not going to make it a mission to rip on the people who make this place possible. This place isn't free to host, maintain, and keep running and is a valuable tool for people to learn about hunting. If you love XYZ brand so much I am sure they have a forum there to rip on our partners.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back