Gear and Gear Lists coming here

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey folks, Randy Newberg here (just kidding)...... :ROFLMAO:

With Nicole now working with us, we’ve been plowing through emails and comments to see what people are asking us. From that, we're working on gear lists that address a lot of questions and cover a variety of situations.

You'll see lists pop up here over the next few months that will cover everything from our favorite accessories to base camp must-haves to kits that cater to specific hunts, weather forecasts, and landscapes.

It's an ongoing answer to "What's in Your Pack" though our effort extends beyond that. We'll also be writing articles to help out with questions we get (sorry if you are one of the 1,506 unread emails currently in my inbox). We will also use these articles to support video and podcast content we roll out.

We know that gear is a very personalized package. The posts will share what we use, knowing many of you use some other brand or have solved the problem in some other way. Whether it is a company we have a relationship with, or not, we will be using affiliate links. These allow us to make a bit of money that goes towards keeping the lights on here at Hunt Talk and not clutter the remainder of the forum with tons of ads.

Our goal in this is to make sure you're getting the best deal possible, so when available we'll include multiple options for purchase. Nicole is a “price hawk,” so she’ll let you/us know if a sale is happening on certain items.

And obviously, we want to know what's working for you in the field. If we can feature something that lives up to its promises for everyone, and potentially snag a deal for HuntTalkers in the process, we'll do our best to figure it out.

Another piece we're thinking about is taking the stories I've written and shared with you here on HuntTalk and putting them onto our blog as part of a storytelling section. As you guys continue to tell stories, we might ask if you'd be ok with us featuring the story.

The first list we're releasing covers a lot of the emailed questions; it’s a list of my top accessories. We started with ten and realized that wasn't enough. We’re asking for similar information from the crew and from others we share camps with. Hope you find it useful.

The first list we're releasing covers a lot of the emailed questions; it’s a list of my top accessories. We started with ten and realized that wasn't enough. We’re asking for similar information from the crew and from others we share camps with. Hope you find it useful.

You missed a great opportunity for a Motrin sponsorship. That is my #1 thing in my pack. Lol

Last edited:
Hello Big Fin or anyone else , Have you bought or tried Sitka's new zip off base layer bottom and is it worth the $ ? I'm checking them out but can't decide if I want to pay that kind of $ , but it is a very good idea . If a tight wad accountant will buy it then it is probably a good investment , Thanks for any input .

Have not tried base layer, but love my jacket. Well worth money i paid on closeout.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back