Ron Spomer and Hammer Bullets

I switched over to Hammers 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Accurate, terminal performance has been stellar and most importantly AVAILABLE! Little bit pricey to some but the bullet is where the rubber meets the road and having $$$ in tag, $$$ rifle, $$$ gear ad nauseam, the bullet is where the job gets done. They are not priced to target shoot for fun but to get the job done. Easiest by far to find a load and the least amount of bullets, powder and primer that I ever shot to set an accurate load.

Anyone have a link to download the most recent loading data for hammer bullets?
On the hammer forum there’s a link to a LRH thread with a post with an attachment (still following??) of a compiled doc with all user loads. Has specs like powder used, barrel length, starting charge, notes, etc. Excellent resource for getting a sense for what folks are finding success with.

Yes to all the above. I shoot them in 3 of my rifles. Outstanding performance. Easy to develop loads. Accurate. Available. Expensive.

Last edited:
The load data is also available on the Hammer forum now as well.

On the hammer forum there’s a link to a LRH thread with a post with an attachment (still following??) of a compiled doc with all user loads. I downloaded it, converted to Excel, then could sort by caliber or bullet. Has specs like powder used, barrel length, starting charge, notes, etc. Excellent resource for getting a sense for what folks are finding success with.

I will try to remember to post a link when I get home this evening.

Yes to all the above. I shoot them in 3 of my rifles. Outstanding performance. Easy to develop loads. Accurate. Available. Expensive.
PM sent.

I ordered some 181 Hammers to work up a .300 Weatherby load. First I'll say they are a work of art in appearance. It was suggested that I work with Nosler recipes to start. I couldn't get anything I could call a group with several different loads. I'm going with the theory that some guns and bullet combos just don't like each other. I'm going to try again with my new .300 Win mag when it comes in.

I ordered some 181 Hammers to work up a .300 Weatherby load. First I'll say they are a work of art in appearance. It was suggested that I work with Nosler recipes to start. I couldn't get anything I could call a group with several different loads. I'm going with the theory that some guns and bullet combos just don't like each other. I'm going to try again with my new .300 Win mag when it comes in.
Could be twist. There is a 180 Hammer better suited to 10 twist rifles. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back