Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Moosie will.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Hard to say.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Moosie who ?

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
I'm on week one of my schedule. I'd post how long it took me to run two miles yesterday, but it'd make you feel too good about yourself. 'Course my run is the same day as your tri, so I do have a bit longer to get ready.

JC- A Droid costs as much as my binos! ;)

I am running a race in 7 weeks with IDBugler. (Brd Dawg is running it too but I'm sure he's in a hgher league then Bugler and me). It's called Robie creek run. 8.4 miles uphill then 4.7 downhill. It's a 13.1 mile foot race.

Higher league? Ha, I wouldn't bet on it. I don't even want to go check out the course because I'm sure I will wuss out. I had to take last week off of training because of back pain after an 8 mile run.... well and to go Steelhead fishing on Saturday. :D

Higher league? Ha, I wouldn't bet on it. I don't even want to go check out the course because I'm sure I will wuss out. I had to take last week off of training because of back pain after an 8 mile run.... well and to go Steelhead fishing on Saturday. :D

8 miles ? I do just over that in a week..... not a day :eek:

You're in a different league. Although the guys I talk to that do 80-90 miles a week are in a different universe.

Are you serious? 8 miles in one day? I have yet to run more than a mile, besides hiking some hills. My simple plan is to run as far as I can then walk, recover, run, walk, etc. I know I'll be well behind you two bad asses but I'm ok with that. I have lost some weight if that helps. Dieting etc..... 210 2 months ago, 200 2 weeks ago and 197 today. I just haven't found anything to modivate me yet. :D

Maybe I should clarify when I say 8 mile run I mean 8 mile run with lots of walking inserted. Like run 2minutes, walk 1 minute and repeat for 8 miles.

Bugler... Most of us have to be in shape to run around the forest and mountains... you just push mountains out of the way :)

I just found out the problem with taking the Droid for a run.... PHone calls impacted my pace time.... :mad:

Still enjoyed the rest of the time listening to The Ramones.... :D
To be so fortunate... ;) I have to get by with 2008 technology in an Ipod.

So I decided to do a 5 Miler today on Flat ground. Although I'm not Robie Ready I did Better then I thought I was gunna do. The farthest I've ever run was 6 miles in my life and The longest I've trained over the last few weeks was for 3 miles and that was inside running.

I started into the wind. I picked a spot on a loop off Google earth 2.5 miles from my house. It took 23m20s. I looped around and took a different way home and realized I wasn't running into the wind any more. I finnished the run in 45m2s (So the 2nd 2.5 miles I shaved 1m32s off)

It's still only a 9 minute mile on flat ground but It's way better then I felt a couple weeks ago for sure. Next weekend I want to do 7 or 8 miles.....dunno if I'm ready thoguh.

Nice dude. Sounds like the training is going well. I still have a few weeks before I'll really start running more than a mile. I'll hike some tomorrow though.

Week 3 done. Onto week 4 this week..... I've gained a pound. I'm eating probably twice as much since I've started working out. At 228#.... OHHHHH well.

LAst week got no Swimming in. That's something I reeeeaaaaly need to get back into the schedule for the Ironman.

26215_1292315119965_1592898151_740854_4628073_n.jpg

Dang scouts tonight made me miss ZUMBA...... :)

Hey BRD DAWG.... is that you looking for a buss pass over on the Robie forums ? I didn' get any either. Racers get a ride out but faily members need a pass.

Yep, that's me. My wife's not happy she has to wait for me at Spring Shores while I drink beer at the finish with all the hot runner chicks with washboard abs :D Actually, those guys on that board have me a little scared with their first time Robie stories. I may not be able to keep a beer down at the finish :confused:

So... do you think they are telling me something ? Why is my name in there twice ?

Question:who posts too much ?

lurkinleech
porcupine
moosie
dpcmarion
dkahern
moosie
b
runner22
robierunner
ugly
someone else

............Just wonderin' :p

Week 4 is done. Tried Eating a little better but decided that sucks :) Will try a little this week too.... *sigh* Was down on the Biking/spinning but upped the swimming and running a bit. Fought off a Hurt right calf. Back in the saddle today again though.

27201_1299098129536_1592898151_753201_616770_n.jpg

Good luck Oscar. I may do a 1/2 in a couple months. I put in just over 7.5 miles in an hour yesterday on th treadmill. Legs are a little sore, but not too bad. Pretty boring running indoors, but too icy to be running outside around here now. Come on Spring.

I haven't done the Treadmill yet. I need to. I run the indoor track and although I don't go fast enough to get dizzy, at about the 15th lap I always Ask myself what I'm doing...... well, untill I look outside and see the frost ;)

I notice IDBugler is quiet.... I think he's training in secret.

Back