Road Hunting for Dummies

Hannibal

Road hunting Idaho mule deer can be a rewarding, fulfilling experience. Here are a few tips to make your backcountry ( or should I say backseat ) experience more enjoyable and productive. 1. Don't talk to your parole officer via cellphone while cruising forest service roads. You need both hands on the wheel to avoid those pesky and annoying near collisions you frequently encounter. Your parole officer realizes deer hunting is a perfectly legitimate reason for missing your weekly meeting with Department of Corrections agents and he will not violate you for minor parole violations. 2) Don't throw your empty beer cans out of your Dodge Ram half ton truck windows while searching for potential targets. We realize Utah is a "dry state" and we want you to " thoroughly" enjoy your Idaho "wilderness" experience. Help keep Idaho beautiful. 3. 7:30 a.m. is not the proper time nor is national forest roads the proper place to pick up chicks. Be considerate of other " road hunting sportsmen" following you. Reduced speeds mean fewer miles driven which may affect everyone's goal to bag that Boone and Crockett mule deer from the cab of their pickup truck. There you have it, three easy steps to becoming a safe and successful nonresident road hunter.

I enjoyed that also. With that kind of positive attitude toward the fellow sportsman they may be resident road hunters this time next year

Road. Hunting for Dummies

Road Hunting for Dummies - Advanced Tactics 1.Pauli exclusion principle states that two identical fermions cannot occupy the same quantum state simultaneously. While road hunting mule deer, one must be ever mindful of this principle and its practical application during the operation of your vehicle. This will result in greater long term hunting success with the added benefit of significant increase in lifespan for both you as well as nonmembers of your elite fraternal organization.

huntid73, that would apply to the SW corner too.
But it's to techy for most road hunters it'd just go over their head.

Also the little button on the dash that turns your truck into 4 wheel drive. USE IT!! Which most don't or won't. Then everyone wonders why the road is totally wash boarded out.

Funny! But leaves key questions unasked. Like, which is better, out the window or over the hood? How does the idling engine effect point of impact? Is duct tape and touch-up-paint adequate for patching bullet holes in the interior of a pickup?

Love the picture! Me and the guys at work just got a good laugh out of that one. I'm "desk hunting" right now through youtube and hunttalk :)

Funny! But leaves key questions unasked. Like, which is better, out the window or over the hood? How does the idling engine effect point of impact? Is duct tape and touch-up-paint adequate for patching bullet holes in the interior of a pickup?

I know a guy blew his buddies passenger tire out while road hunting...from the inside of the cab!

I know a guy blew his buddies passenger tire out while road hunting...from the inside of the cab!
Oh ya? Well, I know a guy who did that a millisecond after blowing off his big toe! He even kept the boot to show off his bone fragments to his friends. It's sort of a Montana backwoods thing.

You're quite welcome ElkStalker. But I much prefer the money, compliments, publicity and chicks which are frequently associated with success.

When welding up a Texas style over-the-cab seating/shooting arrangement do you use an old bench seat from that '52 Chevy out by the barn or go with a split bucket? Maybe fancy it up with a set of junkyard Recaro seats. Also is it kosher to use a bipod when so hunting or just lean forward and go off your elbows?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back