PEAX Equipment

RMEF’s BUGLE magazine article

rmyoung1

I thought it appropriate that my Jul/Aug issue of BUGLE magazine arrived in my mailbox Fathers' Day weekend. The issue contains an essay I wrote, which, I hope, serves as a tribute to my dad, a true giant among men. I've attached the essay here. I hope you guys/gals enjoy it!IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2620.jpg
IMG_2622.jpg

Your admiration for your father, and the consideration you both show for your quarry shine through in well done prose.
I am glad to (internet) know you, and salute you sir for your fine work.

Your admiration for your father, and the consideration you both show for your quarry shine through in well done prose.
I am glad to (internet) know you, and salute you sir for your fine work.
That was very kind, kansasdad! Thank you!!!

Great story. Had something similar happen to me while elk hunting in NM during the 2017 season: Opening morning... bull spotted... just a little too far. No shot taken that day... never saw him again.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Great article both on the topic of father-son experiences and hunting ethics. Thanks for posting it here.

I read and enjoyed the article before you posted. In addition to the hunting w Dad angle, you really made this point: Until we can let go of what something isn't, there is not enough room in our awareness for all of that which is. Thanks and congratulations on getting ink in Bugle.

I think Bugle has the best writing of any hunting magazine and your essay is no exception.

Thank You for sharing. I never even once got to hunt with my Dad. I have not let life get in the way with hunting with my Children and Grandchildren.

Always enjoyable to read good writing, especially prose that strikes the chords of the paternal memory bank.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back