RMEF on auction tags

Looks like Don is calling Randy out on MM. He says he doesn't know why Randy backed out when he (Don) did everything they agreed to. He is a piece of work!

I hope you hand him his hat! I am ready for him to go away. He is going to have a very hard time fighting the transparancy. If SFW has to hide then they should be more transparent. It is plainly obvious that they are playing a shell game IMO. I hope the house of cards falls.

"We are very proud of the fact that RMEF has been able to raise millions of dollars over the years for wildlife through special permits while only retaining an average of 10 percent or less to cover our marketing costs, transaction fees, overhead, etc.," said Allen. "We view our handling of these permits as a service to our state agency partners. When done correctly, and in very limited numbers, these permits can have a huge benefit to wildlife."

"We're an open book, we are accountable to our members, donors and supporters for every dollar they commit to RMEF," said Allen. "We also feel an accountability to all hunters, members or not, when receiving any amount for assisting state agencies in selling the public trust assets represented by these permits."

That's what I'm talking about! Good on RMEF and great to see the burner heating the butts of those that hold any concern for transparency as a NPO!
Thanks again to RMEF for the care kit and the hand written card from Mr. Allen wishing me and all hunters in like situations a speedy recovery!

Looks like Jared Peay leaked a letter from the UT DWR director, a friend of Don's, asking for explanations from RMEF about the RMEF request for more accountability in the sale of auction and raffle tags.

Not sure why Utah thought compelled to reply, since they were not mentioned, no state groups were asked for more transparency, no state agencies were called out in any way. Is UT DWR offended at a request for more accountability and transparency on the sale of public assets, such as hunting permits given directly to a non-profit group?

In my research for the debate, all the Utah guys told me that SFW and DWR were two in the same. Many stated that DWR has grown so dependent upon SFW political clout and financial support, that SFW controls most of DWR. I guess only the UT guys know for sure.

For the Director to write a letter seemingly penned by SFW for his signature, does nothing to disprive the rumors I heard in my research for the debate.

BTW, the UT Convention Permits (Expo tags) do not require an audit, no matter what the Director says. And, when I spoke with the Legislative Auditors, they had never audited the Convention Permits. Not sure who is speaking the truth on that one. And, the non-profit(s) get to keep ALL the money. Not one cent is required to be spent on conservation.

Seems weird that the Director makes no comment as to the questionable idea of selling public assets, to the same small group of well-healed bidders, all while taking tags the average guy might draw. And, the Director completely ignores the request for more transparency conservation groups, even though that was the focus of the RMEF letter that seems to have him so concerned.

Strange letter that he would write and strange he would be so offended. If he is writing it for his agency, one must ask, "Why?" given state agencies were not mentioned in the RMEF release.

If he is writing it to defend his "preferred partners" in the Expo and Auction tags, one must again ask, "Why?" Does he feel compelled to carry water for those who are being asked for more accountability and transparency?

Post #48 at the link below:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/19549.html

Should get interesting.

Frankly, the letter put out by the UDWR Director is filled with partial truths and a lot of umbrella statements. And yeah, it reads as if it was put out by SFW. It really doesn't matter to those who understand what's happening in Utah.

The United Wildlife Cooperative will be coming out in full support of the RMEF regarding David's statements. In addition, the UWC has sent a proposal to the UDWR asking for accountability for the Convention (EXPO) tags, and to have the proposal put on the agenda for the RAC's and Wildlife Board this August. "The United Wildlife Cooperative delivered a proposal to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources requesting a change in the distribution and accounting of funds raised and associated with publicly owned expo tags and the organizations that participate in their use.

By signing this petition you are asking the Wildlife Board and DWR to add this proposal to the August agenda as an action item so that it may be voted on amended as proposed.

This proposal would be a modification of R657-55 Division of Wildlife Resources and could be handled through the RAC’s and the Wildlife Board. The change would require complete disclosure of the funds as well as limit the amount each participating group could retain to no more than 10% of the $5 application fee which ultimately would mean more money for those approved projects that are so important for the wildlife of Utah. The proposal would require the funds from the convention tag application fees to be distributed in the same fashion as conservation permits. i.e.. 60/30/10"

The online petition can be found here: http://www.change.org/petitions/uta...nvention-permits-to-august-agenda-action-item

Here is a link to the complete RED LINED proposal: http://uwcnewsletter.wordpress.com/uwc-convention-tag-proposal/

A lot of folks are up in arms about this issue as well as some con orgs :D It will be a tough battle to get this proposal on the agenda, we will need a lot of support from our brethren hunters. The time to take responsibility has come and together we can make a difference!

Just signed the petition. Not sure as an out-of-stater I have much sway, but its worth a try.

Not sure why Utah thought compelled to reply, since they were not mentioned, no state groups were asked for more transparency, no state agencies were called out in any way. Is UT DWR offended at a request for more accountability and transparency on the sale of public assets, such as hunting permits given directly to a non-profit group?
Stillhunterman will know more than I, but I think one reason that Utah DWR replied is that the issue has been brought up lately in at least one RAC meeting that I know of. Part of the discussion revolved around how much $$ these types of tags generated. The figures provided by the DWR, which I assume were estimates, were much lower than the amounts actually generated. The other issue that I'm aware of that came up in the same meeting was which tags from each region were offered up. IIRC the conversation I had with an attendee, the number of tags, by percentage, is capped by region and not unit. Therefore, a disporportionate number of these tags come from the premium units within a region. Seems there were some folks in attendence that brought these two issues up that did not follow the beliefs of SFW.

On a related note, much of the work that SFW/SFH like to toute in Utah is down through a group called the Utah Partnership for Conservation and Development (UPCD). This is a collaborative group that pools money together from state, federal, and NGOs to do conservation work, much of it being habitat work. I know for a fact that the federal $$ make up the bulk of the money, to the tune of over $10 million/year. Through a ranking process, potential projects and ranked and then funded. However, some funds can only be applied to some ownership types. For instance BLM money is to be spent on BLM land projects. Seems like some of the agencies have recently asked for an accounting of which projects their funds have gone towards. Though I'm quite far out of the loop, the last I heard is that the group, which IMO is largely ran by SFW/SFH folks/interests, was not super forthcoming with that information... I think the intentions of UPCD are good and I think if done correctly are a good way to leverage money to get things done, I've just never been convinced that it was being implemented as it was supposed to be. Without a proper accounting to the federal agencies in this climate of leaner budgets, I can easily see a large reduction in funding for this group.

Looks like Jared is coming to SFW's defense now....

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/19549.html

Post 69 -

Seems like they pulled ABE after he served up so many home run balls. Now out of the bullpen comes JBP. Who is going to be next, Feduptwo?

Where is Buzz? He must be out in the field working, without access to a computer. Shameful that he would miss so much good SFW entertainment, when he is always one who can add great color to the replies from SFW loyalists.

Wonder who they will send in after JBP?

This JBP guy responding in defense of SFW shows his name is Jared Peay in his MM profile, and yet he stated right in a post that he is not related to the Don! Veerrrrrry Intereeeesting!!! Maybe he isn't Don's boy as the two I came up with in Utah in a people search that I C'Pd here don't show Don as a relative:

Name/Aliases Age Phone Address Has lived in:
1. Jared Peay
Jared B Peay
Jared Bradly Peay
More Aliases
35 Spanish Fork, UT
Alicia Ann Peay
David L Peay
Tammy C Peay

2. Jared Peay
Jared B Peay
Jared Brett Peay
37 Kaysville, UT
Layton, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
Anne W Peay
Bob L Peay
Christopher S Peay

Last edited:
Looks like a new SFW sympathizer would like to delve into the wolf delisting debate.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/19527.html

What size asshat doe you think would fit 30plus?

"This crap here is for the lazy do nothings who think just cause Bigfin supported getting Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Wyoming, Oregon and other states eliminated from the wolf delisting by going with the rule backed by the wolf lovers so they could stop the bleeding for the delisting that he did something great. I disagree, that rule screwed us here in Utah on the wolf front thanks to his great Senator from Montana. The really sad thing is Montana still has to answer to the feds on the wolf and they are not going to get game herds to recover the way things are today."

First it was the Alaska Director of Fish & Wildlife in bed with SFW and has to resign due to multiple wildlife violations as well as him being a supporter of Ranching for Wildlife and now is it possible that the Utah Director of Fish & Wildlife might be doing SFW's bidding as well???? Time for hunters to take back the sport from the politicians and groups like SFW, PETA, Humane Society, etc!!!! Get involved in the process or watch all the western states become just like Texas when it comes to hunting-PAY OR DON'T HUNT.

The Utah DWR is run by SFW. Don Peay hand picked the people on the Utah Wild Life Board and several members being former SFW board members. They will do what Don wants.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back