Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

RMBS at WSF

They are sweet rifles. Dink and I designed the two this year, and I probably have some bias when I say they came out great! :D

1 in 11" twist 26" Lilja #3 contour stainless straight-fluted barrel with Hawkins muzzle brake

Well now, I see we like the same barrell on our .300 (minus the fluting) Thats what I had Weaver put on my baby ;)

Why the 11" twist? mtmuley

Why not?

It was chosen by the rifle builder. I'm assuming he generally builds rifles for guys that want a long range shooter and are shooting lighter bullets. Lilja recommends 10", 11" or 12" twist for 150-180gr bullets and 10" or 11" for 200gr bullets. The 11" twist doesn't seem like a bad choice for a gun that's not being built for a specific customer, but I'm not a rifle expert.

Just wondered as the 1:10 usually covers the general range of bullets used in the RUM. I'm different, the lightest I like to use is a 200 grainer. Especially for longer ranges. I do like that rifle though. mtmuley

I'm partial to the .260, but I might buy a ticket for the .300 "just because."

For anyone interested, Kevin Weaver's website is here.

I forgot to mention that both rifles above are sporting Montana Slings donated by Breaks Runner.

I couldn't find my pics of the rifle by itself, so here are 2 showing a couple angles.

Every time I pull it out, my kids look at the spirals on the bolts and the screws on the scope base that are painted tan to match the other parts of the rifle. Again, attention to detail is unbelievable.
Mine is a .300 Win Mag. I'd have to go look at my receipt for all the specifics for trigger, barrel, etc. I'm not a gun-junkey, all I know is that this rifle will shoot!

My 13 year-old daughter has killed 5 animals with it. Elk, mule deer, whitetail and 2 pronghorn.
Kenz2011-04.jpg

Cade1.jpg

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Booth1_zps2bce0309.jpg

What's the spotting scope for?

;)

But let me tell you about the Booth Bunnies that were in that general direction......................

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back