RMBS at WSF

Oak

Expert
The Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society crew is at the Wild Sheep Foundation convention in Reno. You Nevada guys can stop by the Grand Sierra Resort and meet the infamous Dinkshooter in person! And if that's not good enough, you can also purchase raffle tickets for the Colorado statewide bighorn sheep and mountain goat tags, as well as a couple of really sweet custom rifles from Weaver Rifles.

I believe entry into the show is $15 each, but you can stop by the local Cabela's, Scheels, Scolari's or Sportsman's Warehouse and get a $5 off coupon.

Booth1_zps2bce0309.jpg

I won't vouch for Dink, but I will vouch for the Weaver rifle. I've had the privilege of shooting a Weaver custom rifle for 2 seasons and it's the best shooting rifle I've ever shot. Looks good too! Kevins' work is impeccable and the attention to detail is bar-none. I'm not a long-range banger but my rifle shoots sub-1/2 MOA at 800 yards.....................

It's pushing 15 critters harvested the last 2 years and showing no signs of slowing down!

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

I won't vouch for Dink, but I will vouch for the Weaver rifle. I've had the privilege of shooting a Weaver custom rifle for 2 seasons and it's the best shooting rifle I've ever shot. Looks good too! Kevins' work is impeccable and the attention to detail is bar-none. I'm not a long-range banger but my rifle shoots sub-1/2 MOA at 800 yards.....................

They are sweet rifles. Dink and I designed the two this year, and I probably have some bias when I say they came out great! :D

The first:

.300 RUM built on a bench rest trued Remington 700 action
Custom PTG spiral fluted bolt with M-16 extractor
1 in 11" twist 26" Lilja #3 contour stainless straight-fluted barrel with Hawkins muzzle brake
McMillan Remington Hunter stock, 13.5" LOP, in McMillan Brown
Timney Trigger
Wyatt magazine box
Ceramic Coat metal in Titanium color
Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 scope with Talley 1 piece base/rings

300REMsmall_zps9d9c3a42.jpg

Second rifle:

.260 Remington built on a bench rest trued Remington 700 skeletonized action
1 in 8" twist 24" Benchmark #1 contour stainless barrel
McMillan Hunters Edge stock, 13.5" LOP, in olive green with black speckletone
Timney Trigger
Wyatt Magazine box with Hawkins Custom Ultra Light bottom metal
Ceramic Coat metal in Black
Swarovski Z3 3-10 scope with Talley 1 piece base/rings
This rifle weighs 6 pounds 9 ounces as pictured.

260small_zpsba7391d3.jpg

I'll be at the Nugget at about 4:30 on Saturday. Are you gonna be in town OAK?

Wish I could make, I can really like rifle number 2 and the chance to meet Dink would be alright I guess.

Is that the big ram that died of natural causes a few years ago in the booth pic?

A raffle is probably the only way I am going to get a rifle that nice. Did you guys put them on the bench to verify accuracy;)

How many dishes do I have to wash before they let me leave, I just bid on Taos Pueblo tag for $95,000. I only have $50 with me?!

Yeah thanks, amazing ram, was there ever a final score on just how big that sheep really is?

I'm almost convinced the only way I'll ever end up with an Idaho ram is if I pick up a dead one.

Yeah thanks, amazing ram, was there ever a final score on just how big that sheep really is?

He nets 195 3/8" (relatively small bases). I don't recall the exact number, but the gross is 198+". The long horn is 50 7/8", while the right side is only 43 2/8". The world record Stone sheep, the Chadwick ram, is the only other North American sheep in B&C with a 50" horn, and of course both of its horns are over 50".

A remarkably similar looking ram from the same herd was featured on the cover of the RMBS magazine 2 years ago. At only 7 years old, he is very impressive. The ram above was 12 when he died. I haven't seen any recent photos of this ram. Photo by Ron Drummond.

Winter2010_zpsd63e8bd0.jpg

Another awesome ram, be cool to see what he turns into. The similarities are striking. Just think what those two would be worth if they lived in Utah:D

Sweet rifles. I really like the .300 RUM. I used to go to all the big shows back when I lived in Carson City. Kinda miss that. mtmuley

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back