Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

RIP Senator Feinstein

And how does that change if every 4 or 8 years you switch from a real estate agent to a truck driver to an engineer?

I've generally thought the same about every... single... one... of your posts.
Hamstrings corruption, increases strength of ties to constituency better reflecting current interests of constituency, and reduces attraction for those who want other than to serve their fellow man.

A Feinstein knows how to do nothing without using government and taxes. A successful person otherwise, having only a couple of terms to serve knows how to achieve privately. We'll get more freedom to do the same things more economically and efficiently with less tax and less government. We know freedom worked. We know big government is not working. Voting them out quickly is a move toward what we know worked.

If you go back and read my original post it says most loved and hated. That's right down the middle of the road not taking sides nor forming any opinions. The one thing you are dead right on is it was reporting the news. You can read it anyway you wish that her death was a good thing or bad thing, it makes no matter to me. It does kinda surprise me that you would take it that it's "poking the bear" to report it.
Point being, politics are highly inflammatory.

You must have realized that when you posted the death of a politician, who was very anti-gun on a hunting forum.

Hence, poking the bear.

Last edited:

You must have realized that when you posted the death of a politician, who was very anti-gun on a hunting forum.

Hence, poking the bear.

Like going the speed limit in a 900hp street machine and some prius driver screaming at you about the dangers of such a device. All that's occurred is a blip of the throttle here and there, no one's broke 3 grand, no one's left any rubber, no one's done the 7 grand clutch dump we're being accused of by the "more educated and the upper west side upbringing".

...If the music's too loud...

Thanks for

Hence, poking the bear.
Thanks for interpreting what I was thinking. It's sort of plain to see that some people like to argue, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

Reactions: Hem
Thanks for

Thanks for interpreting what I was thinking. It's sort of plain to see that some people like to argue, unfortunately I'm not one of them.
Not arguing bud. Pointing out the facts that political comments/posts don’t typically contribute much, other than get people worked up.

@Ben Lamb Im stuck at my wife's friend's wedding, who is marrying a guy who supposedly hunts, with tags burning holes in my pocket.

Good riddance, toasting her (death) as we speak. One down, a lot more to go.

Quote from my late grandpa "A lot of people make it into their 80's, not a lot make it out". How many politicians are in their 80s?? Yes to term limits and age restrictions.

Commercial Airline pilots are limited to the age of 65 by the FAA.

You can actually hold an ATP until 67 now. But yeah. Flying as one of two pilots in a modern transport category is honestly not that hard... and these politicians are "doing" their "jobs" two decades after the age they force dudes to retire from babysitting a few autopilot switches. Wild.

Daily reminder that Biden was born closer to Abraham Lincoln's inauguration date than his own. Look that up if you don't believe it.

Commercial Airline pilots are limited to the age of 65 by the FAA. The risk of "something" - be it mental or physical - happening beyond that age is too critical. It's not personal, it's just a bet hedged against statistics. Weird how we don't feel the same way about folks who can make decisions with arguably more lives at risk sometimes requiring that decision making to occur in an instant. I could understand a rebuttal that the physical doesn't really matter, and the mental would be evident, but to me it's also clear that when that "something" mental does happen to those in government, no one does anything about it. Lot's of contemporary examples of folks diminished beyond acceptability still holding their positions. I will not be specific because I am not interested in a political thread getting even more political.

As to Senator Feinstein - RIP. She was an American who put herself out there and made an impact on the world, regardless how one feels about it.
Not that you did, but others...I think the focus on age and mental ability is not the point. 75% of the US population is under 55 and almost 50% is under 35. The problem most people have is the candidates often don't represent them demographically, and the system is set up in a way that makes it hard to change. I wish there were solutions to preventing the bat-shit crazy from controlling the choices the rest of us have to make. The best I have heard is rank-choice voting.

Checking every day for the Ben Lamb Live Hunt. Only disappointment so far.

We get up, have some coffee, take a dump & check Hunt Talk, then we walk covers looking for birds.

Rise, rinse, repeat.

Solid bird numbers so far with good flushes each day. 4 shots fired, one dead doodle & a lot of dead leaves. Black dog has become a much more solid flusher, the brown dog is happy to work slow and not get too excited.

Tough shooting but the flushing has been outstanding. Lots of birds.

Looking forward to 4 days in the UP this week. PXL_20230925_140548303.MP.jpgPXL_20230918_163626003.MP.jpg

PXL_20230930_153133075.MP.jpg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back