Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

RIP, Dad

Celebrating his life, and his effect on you growing up. Thanks for sharing the good times. His struggle with the brain disease and maintaining a positive outlook on life is commendable.

Sorry for you loss I’ll be praying for you and your family

MS is a terrible disease. I’m sorry you lost your dad Elkfever2, he sounds like he was a great father and outdoorsman.

This is the only hunting picture I have of the two of us. Starting around age 8-9 I would sit with him in the deer blind and we would talk real quiet to pass the time, hoping a deer might show up. These are some of my all-time favorite memories. '95 and '96 were hard winters up on "da range" in northern MN, and deer sightings were few and far between. Opening morning in '97 my dad's twin brother shot his first buck. We fanned out to look for it and I found blood, and soon the dead animal. This was the first buck I had ever seen killed by a hunter. We were all really excited and spent the rest of the weekend celebrating.
Scan_20210820 (2).jpg
Dad would join us for three more seasons until his disability became so severe that he couldn't make it out any more. He never killed a deer in his lifetime, but that wasn't too important to him. Time spent with family and friends enjoying public land in the northwoods was a priceless treasure.

Celebrating his life, and his effect on you growing up. Thanks for sharing the good times. His struggle with the brain disease and maintaining a positive outlook on life is commendable.
Ditto.

Thanks for sharing. Saddened for your loss.

Apples don’t fall far from the tree; based on your writings I think I would have enjoyed very much fishing with your “old Man’. From the photos I would guess We would be peers. I hope that you find solace in his finally being at peaceful rest. Prayers offered.

Damn, sorry to hear this. Prayers that the heavy heart you feel from his loss will be filled with memories as fine as those photos you posted. My thoughts to you and your family.

It is great that he was out as possible with family still enjoying as much as he could. In the end it’s the memories of our fathers that matter. You have some real memories there of your great Dad!

Back