Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rimfire scope

N2TRKYS

I'm about to purchase a Marlin Model 60 22lr for a truck gun. What would y'all recommend for a scope to put on it that won't break the bank?

That's a pretty narrow following I'm sure but I'd try the Leupold Freedom. If memory serves I saw it on sale around $150. I prefer the iron sights! Good luck

I've had a Model 60 for a long time. Amazingly accurate for a semi-auto. Mine still wears the Weaver K4 I had laying around. Great rifles. I'd look at dedicated 4x for rimfires to top it with. mtmuley

What’s your budget? “Something that won’t break the bank” depends how much you make a year lol

If won't break the bank is $150, then by all means the Leupold VX Freedom.

If the bank is in the $40 range, then the Davey Cricket.
Stop laughing!
For $40 the glass is surprisingly good. Mil dots to help with longer ranges.
I put one on my Browning takedown 22.
And been able to hit steel turkey at 300 yards with it.
Yes, repeatably.... Lol

Thanks for the replies so far. I haven't bought a scope for a rimfire since I was a kid.

I have a really cheap Simmons on my .22, something like 3-15 x 40 from memory.
I like to shoot bunnies up to 100 yards and that scope fits the bill

Cheers

Richard

I used to swap a Weaver K4 between my Stevens single shot (bolt) and my Winchester 63. I took a lot of ground squirrels with it.

A couple of years ago, I put a Weaver 2.5-7x rimfire scope on my daughter’s 22. It is really nice. I looked around today and I get the impression they are being discontinued. However, Natchez Shooters Supplies still has them available and they are marked down to $110. I think that is a heck of a deal for this scope. I am tempted to pick up another one (or two).

I'd get a fixed 4x scope. I have an old Bushnell 4x on mine. If I were to buy new id go cortex for the warranty on a truck gun that would get banged up a bit, then Leupold would be my next choice

You can shoot those Marlins with your eyes closed there so accurate. But I do have a dedicated 4x Lyman all American on mine. Works plenty good for the ranges im gonna shoot things with that gun. Unless your gonna get crazy with the cheese whizz like 7mag!

I’m in the scoped rimfire camp. Done a lot of spot and stalk hunting for cottontails with a few different set ups. Currently my favorite is an OLD bushnell fixed 4x on an older Glenfield. I want to upgrade it in the future to the VX-freedom rimfire 2-7x. Comparing that one with a few others it has been my favorite so far.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back