Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Rhino

TOM IN TENNESSEE

Helps to have a friend in RSA! I would never be able to afford to kill a Rhino. RSA has banned green dart hunts because it may make a Rhino feel bad. BUT, Rhino are still darted by Vets annually for health and preggo tests.
Looks like I may be able to help a Vet next year! Won't count for SCI but who gives a fugg!

not sure why anybody would ever pay money to dart a rhino or any other game animal for that matter. i myself like to eat what i hunt rather then just take pix to say look what i shot

not sure why anybody would ever pay money to dart a rhino or any other game animal for that matter. i myself like to eat what i hunt rather then just take pix to say look what i shot

For the same reason I would ride a roller coaster, a bull, jump out of air planes or enjoy a hunt where I'm unsuccessful. The excitement. He's not just killing it and leaving the meat. He would tranquilize the animal for vet tests. I have pictures of me doing all the things I mentioned, so that I can look back and remember the good times.

I for one would love to do that. Good luck

then don't go to Africa to hunt. the local villages get the meat. the hunter gets pics and heads to remember the hunt.

then don't go to Africa to hunt. the local villages get the meat. the hunter gets pics and heads to remember the hunt.

you might want to go back and re-read the post . there will be no meat going anywhere
and no heads going home with anybody
just a buttt load of money spent to say you shot 1
this has nothing to do with real hunting at all . i did read it and i do understand what i read

You might wanna reread the part about Tom helping a vet.

yep i did read that part as well as all the other words lol. somehow i bet the vet could do that job just fine without his [ help ] and why would anybody ever worry about SCI not letting a darted animal of any kind go into a record book . they day i start hunting to get my name into any stupid record book is the day i stop hunting. i think to many ppl are starting to hunt for all the wrong reasons. sorry if my views upset some ppl . they are not meant to upset anyone but maybe more to get us thinking about why we really hunt

why I hunt is none of your business. as far as your reading. maybe you should try again.

" i myself like to eat what i hunt rather then just take pix to say look what i shot"

"then don't go to Africa to hunt. the local villages get the meat. the hunter gets pics and heads to remember the hunt."

hope this clears up your confusion.

somehow i bet the vet could do that job just fine without his [ help ]

...some can't...and that's the point. To disparage Tom's intent isn't good form. Damn some of you Montana boys are hardcore principled.:)

...some can't...and that's the point. To disparage Tom's intent isn't good form. Damn some of you Montana boys are hardcore principled.:)

:eek: hardcore principled... from NW MT capital of organized poaching? Seeley Lake? The winner by a stitch over those eurekans!

That is the equivalent of Ted Kaczynski determining innocent lives over guilty ones!

All NW MT poaching seriousness aside, trolling over another's expressed enjoyment puts Scrooge to shame. ;)

Tom's making a great contribution to rhino conservation with his wallet. Atta boy Tom. Last I looked there was a category for darted rhino to recognize those $$. Maybe they changed it, happens at SCI.

It completely blows my mind how some of us hunters think our way of hunting is the only way. Feeds right into the anti's fire. Hunt legal and hunt ethically! Good luck Tom!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back