Caribou Gear Tarp

Revolvers

L

longbow51

My wife wants another revolver; loves her Model 19 Smith, and pre-lock 686. Anyone tried the Kimber K6S 4" Target? None available locally, so would have to do online.

Thanks folks. And if anyone wants to unload an old Smith...or even an older Python 4", and I'm well aware of what that means...

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife wants another revolver; loves her Model 19 Smith, and pre-lock 686. Anyone tried the Kimber K6S 4" Target? None available locally, so would have to do online.

Thanks folks. And if anyone wants to unload an old Smith...or even an older Python 4", and I'm well aware of what that means...
I’ve a tuned pre lock 19 that shoots longbow. Ben Lamb mentored me well on parts.

I haven't seen the Kimber around in Missoula but then again I haven't paid much attention either. I still have my old duty model 66 4inch and a 66 2 1/2 inch. I had the 4 inch up to Montana gun works and Mike did a great action job on it. I have put thousands of 38's through it over the years plus quite a few 357's.
It's funny when you look at the barrel it has worn badly in the security holster I carried it in. The front sight has wear on it and the barrel has worn down on both the left and right side. Sorta oblong now, but it still shoots good. The next time I go into Scheels or Sportsmans I look for the Kimber.

We carry the Kimbers in the shop (when I left tonight we had a 4 in 357 on the floor, 999.99) and I have been very impressed with the machine and smoothness of actions. I haven't shot one yet but am looking forward to it. We have also had them in 9mm and 10mm as well.

One of my clients brought one up to Alaska last summer. We shot up all his ammo, very nice revolver.

@longbow51 I have one of the K6S and carry it as one of my concealed. Smooth shooting, and shoots accurately. Had to get used to the hammerless since I have other revolvers that of course have hammers. You will not be sorry if you end up getting one.

try as you might, it is hard to make a snooty class of pistols. They have lots of utility

One of the best things that's ever come out of TX is the concept of the BBQ gun. Those firearms are tools, but they're highly engraved, with ivory handles/grips, cold case hardened or minty nickel. They're art, and should be appreciated as such. Not much different than a properly scaled 16:

Much like the k-framed smith, a properly scaled 16 is a tool of unmatched perfection in the uplands. It's got enough punch to take out anything you can run across, is light and can be had at about 6 pounds, and as a tool, they're a finely crafted specimen.

So, yeah. You drool, I rule!

Huzzah.

One of the best things that's ever come out of TX is the concept of the BBQ gun. Those firearms are tools, but they're highly engraved, with ivory handles/grips, cold case hardened or minty nickel. They're art, and should be appreciated as such. Not much different than a properly scaled 16:

Much like the k-framed smith, a properly scaled 16 is a tool of unmatched perfection in the uplands. It's got enough punch to take out anything you can run across, is light and can be had at about 6 pounds, and as a tool, they're a finely crafted specimen.

So, yeah. You drool, I rule!

Huzzah.
you should apologize to Longbow. poor guy is looking for a pistol and you hijack his thread and turn it into something more attuned to wine tasting

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back