Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Return of the yeti burners?

I just skimmed through the article. Any mention if Rinella's interactions with Matt Mead are conspicuously absent.

Some people need to read this like 10, 15 maybe 20 times and look up what Venture Capital means.

JR

That would be all well and good if the intent is truly capitalistic.

But in this day and age, many companies are willing to forego some profits in exchange for social engineering. The banks refusing firearms-related companies as customers is a prime example of this.

JR

But in this day and age, many companies are willing to forego some profits in exchange for social engineering. The banks refusing firearms-related companies as customers is a prime example of this.

All of that social engineers is not foregoing profit, it's cornering a very profitable market with what is intended to be a very attractive marketing angle.

I just skimmed through the article. Any mention if Rinella's interactions with Matt Mead are conspicuously absent.

Right... he did a TV episode and a podcast with the Governor. As far as the 2A, I think part of the issue is Rinella presents nuanced opinions, rather than some cold dead hands bs. Nuanced discussions hardly make for great sound bites.

Also, don't we want figures that have a broad appeal and can soften opinions on the left? When meateater dropped on netflix I had tons of liberal non-hunter friends text me saying how much they liked the show. At platform that normalizes and demystifies the use of firearms for our city dwelling brethren can do nothing but help.

That said Ben is tough to listen to, I tried to listen to the Afognak episode but it was horrendous 45 min of tedium before they ever got to the topic at hand. I have only listened to that one podcast so maybe he is better on others...

JR

That's why I specifically mentioned venture capital. GP's will have a hard time convincing LP's to give up their money for the reasons you mention.

Right... he did a TV episode and a podcast with the Governor. As far as the 2A, I think part of the issue is Rinella presents nuanced opinions, rather than some cold dead hands bs. Nuanced discussions hardly make for great sound bites.

Also, don't we want figures that have a broad appeal and can soften opinions on the left? When meateater dropped on netflix I had tons of liberal non-hunter friends text me saying how much they liked the show. At platform that normalizes and demystifies the use of firearms for our city dwelling brethren can do nothing but help.

That said Ben is tough to listen to, I tried to listen to the Afognak episode but it was horrendous 45 min of tedium before they ever got to the topic at hand. I have only listened to that one podcast so maybe he is better on others...

Nuanced opinion is exactly the issue. The fringes of both sides don't want gray. They see black and white anyone who see's gray is out. Government shut down prime example.

TIC...as opposed to little guys (cannon fodder investors) adventure capitol.

Last edited:
Nuanced opinion is exactly the issue. The fringes of both sides don't want gray. They see black and white anyone who see's gray is out. Government shut down prime example.

Nuanced opinions make bag campaign slogans, and don’t fit on bumper stickers. Peoples attention spans are so limited these days, most of their information comes from quick sound bites and angry tweets.

As for the BHA content. I recently resigned from my involvement with them after a conversation that left no doubt that BHA has allowed the political party instead of the issues to take priority. I wish it weren't the case, but it seemed that they chose to be divisive on the issue with a fellow hunter, instead of uniting.

Interesting....

As for the BHA content. I recently resigned from my involvement with them after a conversation that left no doubt that BHA has allowed the political party instead of the issues to take priority. I wish it weren't the case, but it seemed that they chose to be divisive on the issue with a fellow hunter, instead of uniting.

Would you mind elaborating on this?
I sometimes see similar things but am quick to write them off as an individual’s personal opinion instead of that of the organization.

I think that we are going to have to take a stand on some issues (fair chase, high fences, technology advances) that is going to divide some hunters for the future of hunting.

It reminds me of the line I hear so often "If you don't vote for Dem or Rep you are just throwing away your vote"

Well, if I don't speak and vote my conscience in America, even if it falls outside or in between of the main two tribes, then I am acting cowardly and nothing will ever change.

I'm a huge Rinella fan and look forward to the podcast every Monday. I think his work has been better for hunting than anything in a very long time. I would include Randy's work in the same group as Rinella but because of Rogan and some other things Rinella seems to have reached a much larger audience than just the hunting crowd.

Last edited:
I would like to see that thought expanded on as well. I believe the MT Chapter has an extremely diverse group of people on the board and if someone perceived the chapter following a party it needs to be brought to peoples attention.

That's why I specifically mentioned venture capital. GP's will have a hard time convincing LP's to give up their money for the reasons you mention.

So let's say the Koch brothers bought Meateater instead of a wealthy left leaning guy. Where would the discussion be drifting to if that was the case? How many guys here that are srugging this off, be shrugging that off? Be honest.

So let's say the Koch brothers bought Meateater instead of a wealthy left leaning guy. Where would the discussion be drifting to if that was the case? How many guys here that are srugging this off, be shrugging that off? Be honest.

We'd have to wait for the drive by click bait from some political discord driving media to trigger us first. ;)

Thanks for the link Aaron. I don't listen to or watch Steve except portions and rarely, but I really like what he has to say and how he says it. I'm well able to read the article filtering out spin and supposition. Great to hear Rinella is doing so well, and that he supports issues gun and hunting.

That’s a fair point and something to think about. But, again I don’t really think 2a issues are an integral part of the meateater show. Public lands are. And the Koch brothers seem to be very anti public lands.

I would like to see that thought expanded on as well. I believe the MT Chapter has an extremely diverse group of people on the board and if someone perceived the chapter following a party it needs to be brought to peoples attention.

I’d like to know more about this too. I recently had a conversation with someone up here who left BHA because he felt they weren’t willing to stand up to the trump admin enough. He said Bha leadership told him because the group is essentially 40% dem 40% republican and 20% independent that they’re apprehensive to shake things up too much.

I think there is a saying about knowing you’re doing something right when you piss off people on all sides.

Back