Requotable Quotes- Say it Again

"Never trust a fart" -Auhor Unknown

I spend a lot of time chatting with some of the guys quoted already. It's best I keep my mouth shut so they don't bring up the nonsense that spews out of mine. Something about letting everyone assume you're an idiot vs opening your mouth and letting everyone know it

Not many can cut to the heart of something—from the trivial to the profound—with the wit, head-scratching intelligence, or economy of language better than our own @noharleyyet. I honestly thought he might be Tom McGuane when I first joined HT.

This one always stuck with me, though I had to do some digging to find it. NHY, sort of facetiously summing up the points another member made about all that is wrong in our country:

So the illusion is that shirts vs skins or commie vs fascist is actually a rigged shiny coin boxing match?
prob have his own statue next to W.C.Fields before long

“You didn’t make the second best choice Nick,” Poppa Tim after I f@cked up once again.

“Excuses are like @$$holes, everyone’s got ‘em and they all stink,” Coach Dan after I missed a block and said something stupid.

“Testicles cause problems and p@ssies cause pain,” me teaching my kids about the birds and the bees.

In my fathers house there are many mansions. If it were not so I would have told you - Jesus Chrst

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Genesis 27:3

"that's why it's called 'hunting' and not 'killing'" -my dad after unsuccessful hunting trips

"if it flies, it dies" -the back of my jeep in San Francisco to make all the hippies mad

"When the going gets tough ... it's a familiar trail." Me

I think Robert Frost said something similar about choosing the path least taken. Good advice. Life is too short and too precious to be unimaginative.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back