Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Replacing Recoil Pad

Gunner46

One more project to keep me busy until it decides to finally get somewhere above 15 degrees outside, for more than an hour each day.

Has anyone replaced the recoil pad on a Ruger paddle boat stock ?

What did you replace it with ? Glue, or screws ? Any particular precautions?

How is it affixed now?

I like pachmayer decelerators, in the grind to fit option, but they do have pre-fitted as well.

You mean boat paddle? :)

My 77/22 doesn't kick hard enough to warrant a replacement. I'd look at the grind to fit Pacmyer.

Depending on the Cal. I would look at the limbsaver grind to fit pad. I put one on my wife's .270, and it now feels like shooting my 22-250. I haven't had and experience with that type of stock, so I cant help you there.

Yeah, it's a 'boat paddle'. (it was late & the jug getting lower). It appears to be on with some type of adhesive, no screw holes to note. Trying to figure out how best to remove it.

Solvents would ruin the finish. Sure there's not screws hidden ?Any marrs on it to indicate were? A nub?
Put in padded vise and use a sharp/stiff knife and cut it off,wood is harder than plastic or rubber. Just shave off wood or grind( I cringe).

There is a scraping blade made for the tool that is thin and might just be the ticket. mtmuley

mine were all put on with screws. long action rifles. I put on small limbsaver slip on pads and never had a problem. grind to fit or prefit would look better though. good luck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back