PEAX Equipment

Repair job

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Mrs. Fin subscribes to the notion about taxidermy and skulls to be something like, "That might be art in your family, but in my family it is just another dead animal!"

So when we built our new house, I was granted the east half of the upstairs, which is known as the Randy Room. Well, six years later, I am pretty much out of space.

I have been trying to occupy other places in the house and now have laid claim to the "reading area" at the top of the stairway, where my two pronghorn pedestal mounts reside. This is progress, even if it is slow progress.

Now for the connection to this story

Bugler was nice enough to do a Euro on the pronghorn I shot when he and I were archery hunting in New Mexico last August. I picked it up from him at the Expo in SLC in February. Since then, it has been sitting in a rather conspicuous place, hoping the wife would get accustomed to its presence and I could claim some more turf for taxidermy.

Mysteriously, it falls and fractures in to many pieces. I am appalled. I look at her and she is giving that sly, thinly veiled look of surprise, similar to the movie Christmas Story, when Ralphie's dad has the "leg lamp" in the window and it conveniently falls and is smashed to small pieces.

IMG_5224.JPG

I try to blame someone, but to no avail. Mrs. Fin walks over to inspect the carnage and gives the "Hmmph, that's too bad" look that only a husband really can accurately interpret.

IMG_5227.JPG

She has two tubes of crazy glue on the counter when I come home from work today. With a smirk on her face, she hands them to me and says, "Thought you might need these."

Not deterred, I break out the crazy glue and apply in large doses. If my typing is bad, it is because my left thumb and index finger have not yet separated. A few pieces are still left after my repair, but such is life. No way to get those back in there now.

IMG_5231.JPG

I think the billy goat is going to have to move, if I shoot any more pronghorn that I feel like doing a Euro with. I have four other nice ones out in the shop, but have not really done them up very good, so they will stay out in the shop.

IMG_5241.JPG

I need to get this wall filled out with the pronghorns I hope to shoot this fall.

IMG_5243.JPG

All's well that ends well. ;)

I wanna see the decoys.....

and especially the shorebirds that are hiding in there...

Steve

Bummer buddy that is too bad and i definatly understand that look you refer to. From the pics it looks like your crazy glue did a decent job. if i was you and you shoot that narly looking one that was posted the other day I wouldnt keep that within reach of Mrs. Fin

These shorebirds?

IMG_5247.JPG

I have a thing for pronghorn hunting and collecting hard carved shooting blocks. I am just fascinated how people who can take a solid block of cedar and carve away anything that doesn't look like a duck, producing some very cool stuff.

Too bad about the antelope. The glue job looks like me working on a car, always have a few extra parts to use on something else!

It could of been Lill? You are always giving me marital advise so I'll give you mine. You might have to extend the Randy room to the room over the garage. Once you have left the safe confines of the Randy Room you are in here domain and subject to her wrath.:D

That's a wall of prongs! I just wish I had that much stuff fo fight over for wall space.

Great job Randy! I'm surprised you haven't knocked out the connecting wall to Matthew's room. Mrs. Fin wouldn't mind would she? ;) :D

Thats a sad story fin, at least you were able to salvage that head. Nice collection of speedster skulls.

Well, I hate to see something like that happen but once the wife screws up something it is always nice to have something to hold over their head. Kinda like credit. I take advantage of all of my wifes screwups and save them for when I want something. The trick is, don`t wait too long before cashing in on the credit. They seem to forget those kind of things pretty quick.

There ya go.....kind of surprising to see a Big Game Hunter with a decoy fetish....I have one of those myself, (and especially so for Shorebird decoys), but I'm an Upland and Duck hunter....but then I do have a horn fetish so I guess it works both ways......

Thanks for posting the picture.....

Steve

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back